iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Download 2005 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Download 2005
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know people have heard me talk about Download before but for those who haven't let me tell you that it's a British Rock Festival that was last year headlined by Metallica.

This year's lineup has started to be announced and whilst most people on here wouldn't care less about

Slayer
Slipknot
Him
System of a Down
Feeder
Garbage or
Velvet Revolver

it has been announced also that BLACK SABBATH (with Ozzy) will be headlining Saturday and that none other than BILLY IDOL will be performing also.

With loads more bands to be announced and the festival expanding to 3 days (10-12 June) I'm going to order my tickets now, any British Rewinders planning on going???

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheriff J.W. Pepper
unregistered

4 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it has been announced also that BLACK SABBATH (with Ozzy) will be headlining Saturday
quote:

NOMS!!! bow your head in homage to the masters above
| Site Updates: 4 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not British, but I'm going. My roomy in college lives in the UK. I'm goin to visit him for 2 weeks, and the Download festival is first on our list. Great lineup thus far...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can only hope that the props work when Slayer plays Raining Blood...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im there this year dude.
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm keeping my eye on the lineup because my kids are wanting to go so looks like I'm gonna have to fork out some serious moolah.

We should have a Rewind get together...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A heavy,thrash,nu-metal rewind get together.
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would go, but I'm a Reading Festival gal and you can rarely afford to do both.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

flips the horns....yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Reading will have Iron Maiden which will definelty be worth seeing but Download have Black Sabbath!!!

If I had to choose, if my life depended on it, it would be Download. The atmosphere there last year was amazing and they've made it bigger and better this year.

Noms [Cool]

ps. I'll probably do Reading as well this year but only if I can buy a day ticket to Maiden as my son is a huge fan and kids can get in free...

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Ozzfest here in the U.S. is featuring a co-headlining bill with Black Sabbath AND Iron Maiden. That ****'s gonna rule...
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Day 2 of Download here will be an Ozzfest day but we won't get Maiden as they will be in Italy. We'll get Velvet Revolver and Him [Frown] but hopefully some decent bands will be added over the coming weeks...

Noms [Cool]

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I think we are getting Anthrax too. There is also the strong rumor of Fear Factory. Saw Anthrax b4, and loved them. Always wanted to see Fear Factory though as I have been a fan of their music for a long time...
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That'd be cool if you got a day ticket to Maiden Noms, coz they usually do the days in themes....so on Maiden day, that'll probably be when all the other rock acts are on...I'd definatly come and say hi to you and Noms junior [Big Grin]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys, You can bet I'll be there. I'm working it and getting paid, god its a hard life. If anyone wants to meet then come to the main stage first aid post and ask for Dave Webster. I may be very very busy but will find time for any rewinders, And as my mother in law lives in Reading will try and be there too. If I am then we need to meet up for a beer, I know a few good pubs in Reading.
Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That said after my shift which should end about midnight there will be a few beers in my tent, which will be in the private first aid camp site, All Rewinders Welcome.
Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so. jealous. of. the. UK. right. now.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Hey Dave, keep the beers cool and I'm there!

You don't need a Registered Nurse to help out stage side do you? [Big Grin]

Noms [Cool]

Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
Try Contacting Leicester St John Ambulance and offering your services, you never know.
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thair will be day tickets for this read all about at ozzfest.com on the news section of the web site
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Who the hell wants a mere day ticket to this... [Wink]

Noms [Cool]

joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
somebody who is only intreted in ozzfest and thair lots of people out thair like that just go to ozzfest.com
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
Well Joker even if you only get a day ticket, Don't forget the Rewinders get together My Tent Saturday Night after I finish my shift, Party on Dudes.
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
i will not be at this show i live in america i know a few things about show though thair severil things posted about at ozzfest.com i wood like to go to this show i was only leting everyone know this becouse thair have bin a lot of complaints on ozzfest.com message board about haveing to by a three day pass i also know from personal experence thair are enough people out thair that wood only go on ozzfest day over in the america the toughest tickets to get are ozzfest van halen u2 motley crue and pink floyd
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
Well guess, Noms and myself will just have to enjoy it for you, And Saturday is going to be amazing. ROCK ON
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home