iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Your album of the week? (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Your album of the week?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kim Wilde: Select (1982)

Very cool early 80s pop album. I simply love this upbeat sound.

Kim Wilde - Action City

Kim Wilde - Chaos At The Airport

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dream Academy's self titled album. Love "The Edge of Forever" which was used in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

-

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve Lukather: All's Well That Ends Well (2010)

Very good solo album from Luke.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kanon Wakeshima - Lolitawork Libretto (2010)

-

This is a great record that has a good mix of traditional Japanese pop and Darkwave & Classical influence. If you're not a fan of Japanese music then this probably won't interest you. But, if you are, then I recommend giving it a listen. I immediately ordered it after hearing these 2 particular songs:

Tree of Sorrow

Celmisia

[ 09. December 2011, 00:42: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KELLY CLARKSON NO appologes guys i like it so what
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listening to a newly purchased 80s compilation album, with lots of alternative stuff. How's this for a track listing?

1. Love Like Blood - Killing Joke
2. Poison Street - New Model Army
3. Never Take Me Alive - Spear Of Destiny
4. Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
5. At The Edge - Stiff Little Fingers
6. Do You Remember Rock And Roll Radio? (Live) - The Ramones
7. C30 C60 C90 Go - Bow Wow Wow
8. (This Is Not A) Love Song - Public Image Limited
9. Dancing With Myself (Live At Hatfield Poly) - Generation X
10. Strange Little Girl - The Stranglers
11. Psycho Killer (Live) - Talking Heads
12. I Travel - Simple Minds
13. Eardrum Buzz - Wire
14. I Love A Man In A Uniform - Gang Of Four
15. Whip It - Devo
16. Garbageman - The Cramps
17. A Song From Under The Floorboards - Morrisey
18. Candy Love Satellite - That Petrol Emotion

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P_a_u_l:

11. Psycho Killer (Live) -Talking Heads

Love those tracks. Garbageman is the stuff! [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sign o' the Times-Prince

He's a genius!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nightwish: Imaginaerum (2011)

Good album, Olzon is getting better and better.

-

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Pic Atomik! New Nightwish is great! Tuomas is a musical visionary and he just seems to get better with each new album. So, even though I am a fan of the new records, I'm hard-pressed to say I personally still prefer the old Tarja days of Nightwish over the new stuff. And with that being said, my album of the week shall be...

Nightwish: Oceanborn (1998)

-

This is the first Nightwish album I listened to all the way through. So it comes as no surprise that it's my favorite, and still their best..IMO, ("Once" ranks in a very close second). Tarja Turunen's angelic voice shines through brilliantly on this album. Combine that with some very nice punchy guitar riffs, (something I think that newer Nightwish records are sadly lacking), and you've got an album of epic win from beginning to end, no other way to put it. A "MUST HAVE" for any true Nightwish fan.

Standout tracks:

Passion and The Opera

Sacrament of Wilderness

The Pharaoh Sails to Orion

Sleeping Sun

Gethsemane

[ 10. December 2011, 10:34: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P_a_u_l:
Listening to a newly purchased 80s compilation album, with lots of alternative stuff. How's this for a track listing?

1. Love Like Blood - Killing Joke
2. Poison Street - New Model Army
3. Never Take Me Alive - Spear Of Destiny
4. Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
5. At The Edge - Stiff Little Fingers
6. Do You Remember Rock And Roll Radio? (Live) - The Ramones
7. C30 C60 C90 Go - Bow Wow Wow
8. (This Is Not A) Love Song - Public Image Limited
9. Dancing With Myself (Live At Hatfield Poly) - Generation X
10. Strange Little Girl - The Stranglers
11. Psycho Killer (Live) - Talking Heads
12. I Travel - Simple Minds
13. Eardrum Buzz - Wire
14. I Love A Man In A Uniform - Gang Of Four
15. Whip It - Devo
17. A Song From Under The Floorboards - Morrisey
18. Candy Love Satellite - That Petrol Emotion

that's a nice looking comp, especially killing joke, new model army, PIL, SLF, & the cramps. and that's an odd morrissey song to pick for this comp.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

this band is criminally underated.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyro:
Great Pic Atomik! New Nightwish is great! Tuomas is a musical visionary and he just seems to get better with each new album. So, even though I am a fan of the new records, I'm hard-pressed to say I personally still prefer the old Tarja days of Nightwish over the new stuff.

I also own all Nightwish albums except Angels Fall First.
The old albums are good but i have to say that i like this new style with Anette a little better.
Now let´s just enjoy the new album and wait for the movie.

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bong Ra's latest album called Monster.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s1s5adX7b8

oh, don't click that link if you can't stand electronic music.. I warned you ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I scared everybody off with that last link.. [Frown] [Confused]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Le Mans: s/t (1986)

Fantastic hard rock/aor cd from the glory days!

Le Mans - Love Lies

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Slayer - Diabolus in Musica (1998)

Gotta go back to my metal roots with a good record from a Great Kick A$$ band this week..nothing really more to say...Perfect for any true Metal Militian..Play it Loud!!\m/

-

Overt Enemy

In The Name of God

[ 01. January 2012, 15:45: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sahara Snow: s/t (1997)

Rick Springfield, Tim Pierce and Bob Marlette join forces as Sahara Snow.
Excellent stuff!

SAHARA SNOW - ROVIANNE

-

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Rainbow - Rising (1976)

35+ years old, and this album is still one of the most epic Heavy Metal/Hard Rock records ever. Including what is still hailed by many as one of the most epic Hard Rock Anthems ever written:

Rainbow - Stargazer

This song easily proves why Ronnie James Dio was one of the greatest vocalists in metal history, R.I.P.! Combine that with the Awesome out-of-this-world guitaring of Richie Blackmore, and you've got a classic here that will never die!\m/

-

[ 15. January 2012, 12:06: Message edited by: Pyro ]

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home