iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » What are you listening to right now? (Page 21)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Pyro, that is a classic tune and you can find it on The Power of the Night (1999) album.
My brother has the cd.
Fantastic work from Peter Fredette and Stan Meissner!

thanks atomik...i didn't really care for the "Darker Side of the Night" song at first. But it's come to grow on me thanks to it being part of the Friday the 13th part VIII soundtrack. So I may just have to delve into checking out that record. If the whole album is as good as that song then it'll be a no brainer.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
speaking of friday, i was just listening to man behind the mask - alice cooper
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man behind the mask is a classic song!

Pyro, if you like Canadian AOR, you will love it.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG, i love the new Reckless Love video! Fantastic!

Reckless Love - Hot

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may get hated on for this, but I am loving Lady Gaga's new album "Born this Way."

-

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Veronica, no one should ever hate one another based on what music he/she likes to listen.
Just say go Gaga go!
I must say that Lady Gaga is a very daring individual [Cool]

Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks aTomik! Her new album has been compared to Def Leppard, Depeche Mode, Bruce Springsteen, and Pat Benetar and I can definitely see those comparisons in the songs.

Check this song out, it has a guitar riff that sounds like something off an Iron Maiden album

Electric Chapel by Lady Gaga

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how is she compared to the boss?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gaga is ok and all..but I'll take I:Scintilla over her anytime [Cool]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXNjgYx3SKI

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
cant stop loving you - Van Halen

nothing personal about gaga, but i dont see how she is being compared to bruce.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Van Halen - one of the best rock bands ever.

People just make stupid comparisons these days. On the radio a couple of years ago, they were trying to compare Pink to Led Zeppelin and I was like come on.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
Clarence Clemons from the E street band played on a couple of her new songs which is why comparisons have been made.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah but come on. Her music is totally different to Springstein's. Not better or worse, but totally different.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
hey lomax, which do you like better, hagar or roth?
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
Um, I didn't say that her music is just like Springsteen's...All I said was that reviewers have pointed out the Springsteen influences on the new album due to the sax playing by Clarence Clemmons on a couple of the tracks and I can kinda see it.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
might as well be on mars - alice cooper
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Veronica Sawyer:
Um, I didn't say that her music is just like Springsteen's...All I said was that reviewers have pointed out the Springsteen influences on the new album due to the sax playing by Clarence Clemmons on a couple of the tracks and I can kinda see it.

I didn't say that you did say that her music is just like Springsteen's. I am aware of what you said. My point was that people, these days (not you) make ridiculous comparisons. To compare something, two things should be remarkably similar. As for Gaga and Springsteen, their music regardless of the same saxophonist being used is far from being remarkably similar. I understand what you are saying but my original point was that certain comparisons should not be made, i.e Pink and Led Zeppelin. I am not trying to have a go at you BTW [Wink]

[ 27. May 2011, 12:00: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
hey lomax, which do you like better, hagar or roth?

Diamond David Lee Roth - Original front man, severe stage charisma, coolest guy ever, off his face most of the time and pulled more chicks than anyone on the face of the planet.

Sammy Hagar - Will be seen as an outsider cos he is not the original, however he is a better singer than Dave, is actually a musician, done a great job keeping Van Halen afloat especially with the 5150 album, but does not have the charisma/coolness of Dave.

I respect both of them a lot but I would have to go with Dave. I would definitely rather see a Van Halen concert than a Van Hagar concert but I wouldn't turn down either.

Nice question BTW. Who is your pick?

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Song: The Bitter Rage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLZpcF9GFVQ

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
roth and hagar are both good, have to lean towards hagar though love walks in, why cant this be love, best of both worlds, when its love, finish what you started, right now, cant stop loving you, are some great ones that got me interested in the band.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I love, Why Can't this Be Love. Every time it starts up I get right into it. I love it when Hagar says Woooh in it too.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i seen the drive 55 video on vh1 classic the other day, love the part where hagar runs, jumps and lands on the baliff's head and shoulders.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Red Dawn: Never Say Surrender (1993)

Criminally underrated hard rock jewel.

Red Dawn - Promises

Red Dawn - Dangerous Child

-

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Currently listening to: "Heaven Knows" - Squeeze

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jackson Browne- Running On Empty
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home