iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Sid Vicious found dead 30 years ago

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sid Vicious found dead 30 years ago
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost completely forgot that it was exactly 30 years ago yesterday Feb. 2 1979 that they found Sid dead, I think it was an overdose. He was never a great musician, but I guess he was the face of thwe whole punk movement in the 70's. I always thought his demolition of Frank Sinatra's My Way was hilarious.
Posts: 4304 | From: Tuff Turf Academy | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omg i forgot it's his b-day yesterday. anyway, i agree.. not a good musician at all, but as you said riptide, he was all about the look.

he overdosed at a party held for him after he was released from jail, awaiting trial for the murder of his g/f nancy spungen.

i was never a fan of sid vicious, i loved johnny rotten though.

one of my favorite videos is their last performance on their u.s. tour in winterland, where they performed an encore - NO FUN.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other day when I was looking at 70s videos, I saw "Lotta Love" by Nicolette Larson, and I knew she died young, but I didn't know how...and I looked information up on her, and I found this crazy website, that tells how all these muscians died....

http://elvispelvis.com/

Some of them are really strange- there are numerous ones that were electrocuted. Has anyone ever seen this website?

I am sure Sid Vicious is on it somewhere. There are a ton of overdoses, suicides, and plane wrecks.

[ 03. February 2009, 07:22: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13447 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP sid, you lucky *******.
Posts: 660 | From: jersey shore | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Sid [Frown]
Posts: 728 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting site, I think a few days ago was also the 50th anniversary the day the music died, the 1959 plane crash w/The Big bopper, Richie Valens and Buddy Holly. Might be a good time to get some movies like the Buddy Holly story w/ Gary Busey, La Bamba, and Sid and Nancy w/Gary Oldman out of storage. Haven't seen them in ages.

I've heard for years that some people think Sid was innocent, that it was a drug dealer and not himself who stabbed Nancy. I have a few Sid books I haven't read in a while, will have to see what they say.

Posts: 4304 | From: Tuff Turf Academy | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i read the exact same things. some believe it may have been a drug dealer who killed nancy, but they were charging sid with the murder. in the movie, sid and nancy, they show sid accidentally stabbing nancy in the stomach during a scuffle they had, while both drugged out.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home