iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Sam's 80's metal band of the day:Judas Priest

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sam's 80's metal band of the day:Judas Priest
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another hot night here in Bismarck and the Priest are back

-

Judas Priest even though they began way back in the earlier stages of the 70's are included here in the 80's because that's when they really hit their stride.

Lead by lead singer Rob Halford and his tremendous vocal range and the twin guitar work of Glenn Tipton and KK Downing this band from the UK put out some of the best metal albums of all time.

Sad Wings of Destiny

-

Sin After Sin

-

the next three are the ones where the band hit their stride

British Steel

-

Screaming For Vengeance

-

Defenders of the Faith

-

The band would release a couple more albums with Halford but then Halford left to form his own band fight and eventually the group Halford. He was replaced in judas Priest by Ripper Owens who was previously in a Judas Priest tribute band and his story was the loose basis for the movie "rockstar"

With Owens the band put out some pretty decent albums but where never able to gain the sucess that they did with Halford.

The band is still together and Halford is back on the mic where he belongs and the Priest are once again kicking ***.

A Judas Priest concert is always a treat when Halford drives his Harley on stage.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could you not put Stained Class in there? Stained Class is one of their most pro albums.

Personally, I prefer the turbo-Sabbath feel of their 70s albums to the glossier NWOBHM feel of their 80s albums. I'll take Victim of Changes to Turbo Lover every day.

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree I should have included Stained Class but I knew I had to draw the line at Turbo, Ram it Down etc...
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turbo...<shudder>....you knew it was gonna suck when you started to see Promo Commercials for the thing on MTV. I mean..really..who advertises their record release besides pop-stars!??!?

"Stop On The Red, Cross On The Green..
Never take a ride in a strangers machine..
And Always Remember to keep Burning on TURBO Power".

Then Rob Halford did a spoof on those "American Epxress" Commercials in another promo....god Turbo was bad. Painkiller was when they tried "metal up" their image in the 90's but it just didn't sound right.

I saw them on the Defenders Tour, and it was verrrry cool. Because they were playing all the classics from Vengence and British Steel.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been listening to Screaming for Vengeance a lot lately, forgot how good it is as well as their live album unleashed in the east.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were amazing live.....wiped the floor with Megadeth and Testament.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, they are kick-@ss in concert. At least back in the 80s.. [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back a coupla weeks ago. Mr Halford came out on stage on a harley dressed like he shoulda been in the Blue Oyster bar in Police academy.....you don't get more rawk n roll than that.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home