iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » 80's songs that are mistaken for other artists. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80's songs that are mistaken for other artists.
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by logan5:
Mentioned on another thread; Rockwell 'Somebody's Watching Me' - sounds like MJ. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Doesn't MJ do back up vocals for that song though Logan? Rockwell looks like MJ a little?? a little??

A bit. Although, I'm sure that some younger listeners may well assume it is Michael's song anyway, and that Rockwell was rather backing HIM up back in the day (heck, maybe some people made that misconception back then too).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Doesn't MJ do back up vocals for that song though Logan? Rockwell looks like MJ a little?? a little??
Yep. Which is one of the reasons it sounds so much like him!

quote:
I used to get Simple Minds and Simply Red confused back then they both looked similar and the name!
I didn't think it was possible to get those two bands confused!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i still cant figure out where the police end and sting starts....drives me absolutely potty!!! Whenever i ask someone if they have heard of lifehouse i always get 'oh you mean light house family' ....'um no, i think i know who im listening to'!
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Lifehouse. They were on the first season of Punk'd. Some smarty pants "confused" them with O Town. They did not find humor in it [Smile]
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
never heard of o town at all. hmmm.any good?? Got all life house stuff, glad you like em!
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O-Town was an American boy band formed from the first season of the MTV-produced reality television series Making The Band in 2000.

You can see why Lifehouse didn't appreciate the comparison [Smile]

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't 'Lifehouse' an aborted Who project involving fans being locked in with the band for a week long concert (or something like that), the material of which wound up being the basis of their best album 'Who's Next'?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
i still cant figure out where the police end and sting starts....drives me absolutely potty!!!

Basically, if you think of all the good songs...they were The Police

And as for the sh*t ones....... [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
I used to get Simple Minds and Simply Red confused back then they both looked similar and the name!

I didn't think it was possible to get those two bands confused!

Jim Kerr and Mick Hucknall? They could so easily have been body doubles for Arnie and Danny Devito......
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
i still cant figure out where the police end and sting starts....drives me absolutely potty!!!

Basically, Sting IS The Police - only more tantric and with a crap drummer.....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I first heard Ready For The World's hit "Oh Sheila", I thought it was by Prince.

I thought the same thing, then I was listening to Prince' 1999 album and there was an exact song like that! I think it's Lady Cab Driver, I remember thinking they just changed the lyrics later on. Total theft!

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home