iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Motley Crue in concert

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Motley Crue in concert
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might go see them in concert in March in Hershey PA.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just be forewarned that Vince Neil says the F-word a lot and that Tommy Lee puts a video camera on the audience and the girls lift their tops and show their goodies and it's shown on the jumbotron for everybody to see.

I know that's something you would like to know ahead of time, they do put on a great high energy show that I rate as the best concert I've ever been too but I'd say it's not for all audiences.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw them with Warrant in 1989....AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seen them like 5 times

w/tommy
w/ randy
w/ samantha....same tour that nikki f'd her!

damn good live band.

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
enjoy a wild time i already have my tickets for erie and hershey
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great live show but like Sam said be ready and warned if you go!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what-I am glad you said that Sam ....my son told me that they are really bad in concert...after we talked about it, we decided they may not be for us....even though we do like their music. My son said something about The Carnival of Sins...on VH-1...he said it was bad. He said it was something he thought he should not be around. I had no idea that they do that kind of stuff.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I think the tickets went on sale today.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get ready for someone else backstage playing Mick Mars' guitar parts, and Vince Neil doing a horrible job of lip-synching. We saw them in Aug. and it was really bad- Nikki had a bass solo and Vince was supposed to be singing. There was singing alright, it just wasn't coming outta Vince's mouth. He was running around and not even trying to lip synch- it was about as bad as that tv awards show that Brittany Spears did and didn't even attempt to even lip synch. Mick Mars was definitely not playing that guitar either. The show sucked, and I've seen them probably 5 times before, and with different drummers than Tommy Lee. Those other shows were all good.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have to agree with pittsburghgirl i saw them here this year too and thought they were alot better years ago myself!! dee [Cool] [Eek!]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now in the '80s they were my FAVORITE band and I saw them during the GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS tour which was wicked cool (good seats too, one of the best shows Ive ever been too) and then again during the DR FEELGOOD TOUR (good, but the earlier show was better). A few years ago they had a special on cable (might have even been pay per view) and I watched it with my best friend and we were shocked at how poorly Vince sang. Not only wasnt his voice up to muster, he was skipping lyrics here and there! I was like "Well, Im glad we got to see them during their heyday". Then about 3 years ago they played and my friends who had never seen them in concert were like "Yeah! Lets go!" and I reluctantly shelled out $100 for my ticket and sure enough, I was sorely disappointed. Vince just wasnt Bringing It. I think i would have been happier had I kept my '80s memories of them.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home