iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Sam's HEAVY 80's heavy metal/punk band of the day: M.O.D.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sam's HEAVY 80's heavy metal/punk band of the day: M.O.D.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One band that definitely wasn't/isn't for everybody would have to be NYC based band M.O.D. or Method of Destruction. This band came from the Ramones school of thought of writing very short songs with 3 chords. But unlike the Ramones M.O.D.'s lyrics were full of violence and lyrics that pretty much offended everybody.

The band is still around today and still recording albums but has had a revolving door of members with the only constant being lead singer Billy Milano. Milano also had a side project along with Scott Ian of Anthrax in a band called S.O.D. or Stormtroopers of Death.

M.O.D. never had a hit single or never sold a ton of records. Their best known album would have to be the 1987 release USA for M.O.D.

-

If you're easily offended I suggest you look elsewhere for your musical listening, but if you like straight forward heavy metal/punk give M.O.D. a listen.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry but Milano is a complete and utter racist and i find it hard to listen to anything the guy has to say.

I'm a huge fan of the US Hardcore punk scene bands like The Necros, Negative Approach, Black Flag, Circle Jerks etc. They were a lot more positve than old Billy bigot.

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoy Stormtroopers of Death because of their humor, but there is just no humor available here.

What's That Noise from SOD is enjoyable.

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was the "f*ck the nigger charitys and let them die of thirst" line that got me.

Like i say i have no time for this.

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lead singer was a big fat guy who sang about hating fat chicks. Go figure.
Im not a big fan either.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
like I said very offensive lyrics and I don't agree with all Billy Milano's views. But I still enjoy the band.

It's like going to a movie that has all kinds of killing in it; I might enjoy the movie but don't support killing.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home