iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » E.G. Daily in Young Turks video

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: E.G. Daily in Young Turks video
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I haver ever seen this video, I was shocked to watch it and see that E.G. Daily was "Patty" in the video. That's pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBEAfr1lvBE

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was surprised too when I found out it was her. Pre-Valley girl!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loryn has always been my favourite Valley Girl
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

She'll always be Dotty to me.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like it was done right around Valley Girl...she has the Valley Girl/Better off Dead hair going on in the video.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She had that same doo in Streets of Fire as well. This is what she is looking like these days:

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Here she is last year holding Cindymancini's Christmas present that I gave her.

-

journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever notice that every early '80s video that isn't a ballad has to have the ridiculous West Side Story-esque background dancers? Did Michael Jackson start that trend with the Thriller video?
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While Devo went for "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure", I really liked E.G. Dailey as Linda in "Loverboy".

My fav song of her's is "Mind Over Matter" from the movie "Summer School", it has such an 80's vibe to it.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
My favorite song she does is:

A Little Luck

But I can't find a video anywhere for it..

????

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There´s a great song on the Thief of Hearts soundtrack (1984)
which Elizabeth sings.

"Love in the Shadows"
Music: Faltermeyer
Lyrics: Daily

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCsQQJF5Y4g

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vashti1999
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vashti1999   Email vashti1999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
Ever notice that every early '80s video that isn't a ballad has to have the ridiculous West Side Story-esque background dancers? Did Michael Jackson start that trend with the Thriller video?

Young Turks came out before Thriller, if anything MJ didn't start it, it probably just became more popular due to him (more appropriately with the Beat It video).

Does anyone remember E.G. from the public television series "The Righteous Apples"?

Posts: 60 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home