iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Top 3: Prince

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Top 3: Prince
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?
Purple Rain
I Wanna Be Your Lover

Could make a strong case for Controversy but feel happy with the three I chose

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- When Doves Cry (In fact this is my all time favorite song, no matter what decade, genre or artist)
- She's Always in My Hair
- I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man

and so many more.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.)I wanna be your lover
2.) 17 Days
3.) Little Red Corvette

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how many people know this song:

http://www.last.fm/music/Prince/_/17+Days

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, that's a very good one and also one of my many favorites by Prince. It was the B-side of When Doves Cry.
Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. I Wanna Be Your Lover
2. When Doves Cry
3. The Beautiful Ones

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i adore prince.

1. i can't make you love me
2. she's always in my hair (12" version)
3. controversy

it's funny, because as much as i love him and his music, when doves cry is a song that i never really liked. and it was one of his most popular.

other songs i really like are:

purple rain (of course.. one of the best rock songs ever made)
pop life
head
i would die 4 u
seven
kiss
my name is prince

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam, are you trying to kill me?? This is virtually impossible but a GREAT thread!!

Okay, wow....here goes:

1. I Would Die 4 U
2. Do Me Baby
3. Controversy

And now the honorable mentions:

I Wanna Be Your Lover
When You Were Mine
Pop Life
She's Always In My Hair
Erotic City
Batdance
Gett Off
My Name is Prince
I Hate U
Don't Play Me

Forget it...I could go on and on...the man is extrordinary!!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I don't know how many people know this song:

http://www.last.fm/music/Prince/_/17+Days

Okay, this is weird!! I literally just listened to this song for the first time yesterday in the car. It's on Disc 3 of his Greatest Hits and I just let it go and was like..."WOW, here's a good tune I missed somehow along the way."

Isis, I would never think you'd know such an obscure Prince song...I'm totally impressed!!! See, there's a reason why we're friends!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.When Doves Cry
2.The Beautiful Ones
3.I Would Die 4 U

Other mentions:

Purple rain.
Darling Nikki
I Wanna Be Your Lover.

I really like his earlier work the most [Smile]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sign O' the Times
Purple Rain
I Would Die 4 U

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Haha Cindy...that's funny.

I also like the song "Mountains" that he does.

http://video.aol.com/video/princemountains/1863007

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hate to be predictable and so mainstream, but:
1. When Doves Cry
2. Purple Rain
3. Let's Go Crazy

*One of my favorite albums.

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I always had a thing for

Raspberry Beret,
When Doves Cry,
and why not Batdance.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vashti1999
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vashti1999   Email vashti1999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Doves Cry
D.M.S.R.
Purple Rain

off the top of my head, my favorite 80s Prince. My user name came from the liner notes of the 1999 cd.

Posts: 60 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pop life
Free
Lady cab driver

1999 is my favorite album of his.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Doves Cry
Cream

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home