iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Ace of Spades-Motorhead

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ace of Spades-Motorhead
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son keeps playing it on Rockband....I never heard of it...it is giving me a headache...he says I should love it because it was from the 80's? I don't remember it...does anyone else?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, as far as Motorhead goes, it's their classic trademark song. It's really heavy as you can tell. They are playing here in the next few days, I'm contemplating it, but you have to wear some earplugs for their set.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that song. Was featured on one of Tony Hawk's video games I used to play too.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Classic, classic song by a great band......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know i'm born to lose
and gambling's for fools
but that's the way i like it baby
i don't wanna live forever

this song makes me want to kill. or play cards.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I LOVE that song, but I love Motorhead period. Lemmy's voice is so awesome. I love to hear him sing. It makes me want to wear a leather jacket, buy a pack of camels and cruise down the highway on a Harley with a beer in my hand. [Smile]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else have the Iron Maiden tribute CD - Numbers From the Beast? Lemmy did the vocals for The Trooper. Very awesome version. The whole CD is great.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mighty Motorhead, I still wonder if the chase is better than the catch. What a song.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
My son keeps playing it on Rockband....I never heard of it...it is giving me a headache...he says I should love it because it was from the 80's? I don't remember it...does anyone else?

I really can't believe you never heard this before??? [Eek!] I dunno - maybe they're not such a big deal in the US?? As far as the UK goes, they're one of the biggest metal bands of all time, and there is barely a rock/metal compilation album in existence that doesn't have this on it!

It's like saying you've never heard 'Paranoid' or 'Smoke On The water' [Wink]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Lemmy is God.... [Big Grin]

Remember these from Airheads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLkPuu2PAzM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2uxQ6gl7vI&feature=related

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know how Die Hard is the movie that showed all future action thriller directors what they should be aiming for? Well, IMO Ace of Spades does that for metal bands.

I'm sorry Isis, but I'm kinda chuckling a little to myself here: picturing your son as a metalhead, and one day teaming up with Noms at a festival somewhere in the mosh-pit......

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heheee... Too funny... [Big Grin]

Come on ISIS! It's a little funny. So, do you know any Judas Priest, Iron Maiden?

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are definately right about 1 thing...my son and Noms teaming up is actually HYSTERICAL...what a joke, fer shur.

My son says he likes the songs:

Run to the Hills and Number of the Beast on Iron Maiden...he plays them on Rockband....I am sure I have had to of heard them...but I would say that I can guarantee I don't think they are great...but...I actually do like the song "You've got another thing coming" by Judas Priest.

My son says he likes the songs "Electric Eye", and "Painkiller" and "Screaming for Vengence".

My son absolutely loves Metallica...and a little bit of Megadeath.

That's my brother in him though...My brother is a metal maniac...he's been to Ozfest, and to see Metallica. My brother plays the drums.

I know there are alot of girls who like this kind of music, my sister in law loves it...that's my brothers wife...and you'd never ever guess that to be around her...but I feel like there is something about that "type" of music that appeals to men more than women. I really can picture my mother or my grandmother listening to that stuff...Not.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
but I feel like there is something about that "type" of music that appeals to men more than women.

Maybe....but I've known many women who love this type of music.
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duckie is right......you really can't buy a 'rock' compilation without this being on it. Everyone in England knows this one...even people who aren't in to this kind of music.

Oh yeah...Talking of Duckie....Happy 40th birthday [Smile] xxx

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Earth Angel:
Duckie is right......you really can't buy a 'rock' compilation without this being on it. Everyone in England knows this one...even people who aren't in to this kind of music.

Oh yeah...Talking of Duckie....Happy 40th birthday [Smile] xxx

Thanks honey - I'm touched.
But then you already knew that..... [Wink]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awwww Happy Birthday Duckie!! I hope you had a great day!!!!

Cider and Slaugtersssssss on me! [Smile] I miss you guys.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home