iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » What bands from the '80s have you gained new respect for? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What bands from the '80s have you gained new respect for?
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He does have that mom and dad vibe-but he wrote "I'm A Believer", "Red Red Wine" and "Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon" from Pulp Fiction. Plus I like the fun songs like "Forever in Blue Jeans
haha - mum and dad vibe - never thought of putting it like that. im a beleiver is a great song and i never thought about the song from pulp fiction as im still yet to see that movie you know.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have always appreciated Neil Diamond too, many people don't realize how many great songs he's responsible for.
"Love on the rocks... ain't no big surprizzzzzze... just pour me a drink and I'll tell you some lizzzzzzze"

Got's to love some Neil Diamond!

I believe it was illegal not to buy his stuff in Australia in the early 70's.

Top two 80's songs about fictional characters:

# 1 - T'Pau - 'China in Your Hand'
# 2 - Neil Diamond - 'Heartlight'

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ih i love NEIL DiAMOND. My husband loves hive even more than I do. e all went to see him in concert a few years back.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
# 1 - T'Pau - 'China in Your Hand'
love this song - dont ask why.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparks
The Replacements
Aztec Camera
The Mighty Lemon Drops
UB40

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
love this song - dont ask why.
Why?

Kidding. I love it too.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
i never heard this until about a year ago on an 80s song channel on sky and just thought it typified those 'im so in love with you' type songs. I also got a look at 'power of love' ballad by jennifer rush - that video clip is hilarious when the man gets hit by a car in slow motion.

and the saxaphone solo in china in your hand is so trade mark of the 80s

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
One of the biggest hits of '87 in the UK. It's about Frankenstein.
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love billy idol i went to see him a few years ago when he came to Glasgow he was still as good as he was in the 80s.
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Billy Idol too, always have. And after I watched his VH1 Storytellers Special, I even gained more sympathy for the man. He's really funny too.

Still hoping for a chance to see him live.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Billy Idol tunes were used in some awesome flicks throughout the 80's. But for me .. his cameo in "The Wedding Singer" just solidified his legendary status ..

Here's the tunes and movies I remember:

"Rebel Yell" - The Legend of Billie Jean, The Wraith, & 16 Candles

"Do Not Stand In the Shadows" - The Wild Life

"Catch My Fall" - Some Kind of Wonderful

and my fav Idol tune:

"Dancin' With Myself" - Can't Buy Me Love

I'm sure there were probably more, but those were some excellent movies to give Idol tunes exposure and great memories!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First saw Billy Idol when he performed "Hot in the City" on a show called Laugh Trax in 1982. Went out and bought the 45 soon after [Smile]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_brVtFvZQfw

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Billy Idol rules. Apparently a really smart, nice guy.

Not 'Laugh Trax', but '82:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poINzGrJils

amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG van halen jump on radio that takes me back!!!!!!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geez people haha everyone here has always hated built this city, it's a strange song, but not completely horrible, IMO. another one i cannot stand is dance hall days by wang chung (i believe it's wang chung?) puke!

and i also do not like final countdown. silly song!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Europe rules! I have all their albums.
Such a classy act and still alive and kickin´.

Starship is another great band.
My bother just bought the Love Among the Cannibals (1989) cd.
Some great songs in that one and the production is HUGE!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home