iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Who have you seen in concert? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who have you seen in concert?
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GWAR 6 times
King Diamond
Sha Na Na 2
ZZ Topp
Primus
Butthole Surfers with Stone Temple Pilots and Flaming Lips and opening acts
Butthole Surfers
Motorhead
Danzig
DR.Hook
Marylin Manson 2

Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Eagles
Backstreet Boys
George Michael
Madonna
Alexandra O'Neill

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ENJOY...My friend just got some tickets aswell
Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not seen many bands live which is a bit sad but here is some i have seen.

Bon Jovi-4 times but the best was in New Jersey good home crowd reaction.

Guns and Roses-this one was at the Milton Keynes Bowl and was the complete original line.

Blind Melon.

Souls Asylum.

The Cult-on the same line up as G&R so made for very good concert.

Big and Rich-they were supporting Bon Jovi in New Jersey i had never heard of them but was well impressed and would see them again.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there is one band that I'd like to go see, it would be Soul Asylum. Where did you see them?
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
If there is one band that I'd like to go see, it would be Soul Asylum. Where did you see them?

They warmed up for Guns and Roses at the Milton Keynes Bowl not long after they released Runaway Train.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´m going to see Wolf and W.A.S.P. october 24th.

Here´s new video from Wolf:

"Speed on" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsiNSovDvMI

Old skool heavy metal!

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just updated my list. Anyone else wish to share?
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This shows how crazy my tastes in music are...

Paula Abdul
Color Me Badd
Depeche Mode
Roxy Music
Coldplay
The Cure
The Eels
The Go-Go's
The Psychedelic Furs
The B-52's
Berlin
Bow Wow Wow
No Doubt
Blink 182
The Raveonettes
Madonna
Britney Spears
Christina Aguilera
Lily Allen
Interpol
Air
Suzanne Vega
Dido
Rilo Kiley
Smashing Pumpkins
Echo and the Bunnymen
Kylie Minogue

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Psychedelic Furs
The Cure
Depeche Mode
Echo & the Bunnymen
Billy Idol
Prince
Bruce Springsteen
Sheila E.
REM
Concrete Blonde
The Violent Femmes
Romeo Void
Van Halen
Aerosmith
California Suite
Boston
Rico Suave
C&C Music Factory
New Order
Tears For Fears
Jimmy Buffett
Pat Benatar
Blondie

I'll add more later ..

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUMP! How about it guys? Any new shows?
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkPanther
Rewind Curious
Member # 12490

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for PinkPanther   Email PinkPanther   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Metallica, Iron maiden, Kings of Leon and Rolling stones are the music bands I saw live on stage. They are great live band to see and one of the best to date.
Posts: 1 | From: London | Registered: Jul 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big up to my friend Paul, and my new friend Richard.

The gig last week at The Garage in North London was phenomenal - all the best tunes, played brilliantly, by one of the best bands I've ever seen live. And all in front of a sell out crowd in a venue that gets you up close and personal.

Gentlemen and Ladies - I give you...

The Psychedelic Furs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h1C67bLsmg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I was also priviledged to get invited to the after show party, where I sat and talked with Richard Butler for a while, spoke briefly with Tim Butler, and spend a half hour having a drink and a chat with my good friend and fellow drummer, Paul Garisto. I freely admit he's waaaay better than me.....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob Dylan

Tom Petty

Huey Lewis and the News

Chicago

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some bands I've seen over the past few years:

Kittie
Mastadon
Ministry
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Rob Zombie
W.A.S.P.
Nightwish
Ayria
God Module
Gorillaz
Linkin Park
Combichrist
Nine Inch Nails

[ 10. July 2012, 20:12: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark Knopfler

REM

Pearl Jam

Guns N Roses - Well Axl and friends anyway

ACDC

Bon Jovi

Iron Maiden

Sebastian Bach

Rose Tattoo

Kings of Leon

Marilyn Manson

Hole

I think that's it for me. Had I lived more in a different time and different location I would have definitely seen loads more.

[ 12. July 2012, 05:18: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone see any really iconic concerts?

I have not personally but my mother saw Pink Floyd in London for The Wall Tour '79.

Any other iconic concerts that you or your family members/friends saw?

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home