iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » My latest discovery...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My latest discovery...
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone ever heard the song "Don't Look Any Further" by Dennis Edwards & Siedah Garrett? I just discovered it and can't believe it wasn't a bigger hit back in the day. If you like smooth soul of the Al Jarreau and Sade variety, you should really do yourself a favor and check it out. I can totally imagine this song in an episode of Miami Vice or Moonlighting. It has that moody sound and sexy groove that you almost never hear anymore. And it even throws in some World Music elements for good measure. I seriously don't know how I missed hearing it before now.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a good song. Here it was given lots of airplay in '84. Though, this was the only semi-hit he had as a solo artist.

"Day-o umba day-o, o-mambo ji ay-o..." (or something) [Big Grin]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home