iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Lenswear tussle: Sunglasses at night vs. Future's so Bright (gotta wear shades)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lenswear tussle: Sunglasses at night vs. Future's so Bright (gotta wear shades)
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corey Hart vs. Timbuk 3

Catchy dities, and no mistake which decade they came from. Long live the 80's. I have to go with the Hart man, even though I never really understood the purpose of wearing shades at night.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like both too but I'll go with Timbuk 3 for it's overall quirkiness.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Corey Hart, because of the much better chorus of the song.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
I have to go with the Hart man, even though I never really understood the purpose of wearing shades at night.

The purpose? Style. [Cool] [Wink]

Hart wins for me.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
corey hart by miles. sunglasses as night is pretty kick-butt.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunglasses At Night...one of my all time favorite 80's songs...and sung by a Canadian ehh!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's gotta be Corey Hart... [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't there now a Corey Hart who plays for the Milwaukee Brewers right now? I wonder what his player intro is?

Also with the similar keyboard intros ever wonder what a singer switch with Annie Lennox would be like? Annie singing Sunglasses and Corey singing Sweet Dreams. They should have done a charity split single for charity or something.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes there's an outfielder for the Brewers with the name Corey Hart. I have him on two of my fantasy baseball teams this year. Nice all around player; won't dominate any category but contributes in all.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Do you have Ryan Braun? He's putting up some numbers too. Prince Fielder is having less a year than last year, but he set the bar so high. I just hope the Brew Crew finally get to the playoffs. Been on a real baseball kick lately, so amazed at the TB Devil Rays still leading their division. With the ridiculously low payroll and (sadly) attendance, they remind me of my much missed Expos. (Sniff, sniff)
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I have Ryan Braun on one of my teams as well as Fielder on another. The one I have Braun on is one of the teams that I have Hart on. Fielder is on another team all together. All told I have four fantasy baseball teams.

This fall/winter I'll have my two football teams, two or three hockey teams and one basketball team.

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm choosing Timbuk 3. I love that song!
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
' [Cool] at Night'

Though I really like the other one as well.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh- I hate that TIMBUK 3 song.

I love that Corey Hart song. OhmyGod,I used to have a hige poster of him when iw as a kid---he was HAWT!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
timbuk 3 ftw

i never really appreciated either song except for maybe in some nostaligic way, but i think timbuk 3 holds up better. and it has some smart lyrics too.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Anyone think the Timbuk 3 song has this sort of yuppie idealism?
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
they remind me of my much missed Expos. (Sniff, sniff)

1994 World Series - Expos vs. Yankees

Would have been great. [Wink]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Yes.....1994, I will never forget that team they had a record of 74-40, they were ready to dethrone the Braves, then bamm, the strike just ruined it. It was our time and it got snuffed out. I would have loved to have seen that wWorld Series too, my favorite player was Don Mattingly and he at least deserved to play in the WS.
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about ZZ Top's Cheap Sunglasses? It was on their 1979 album, but the single was released in 1980.

It's a tough call between Sunglasses at Night and The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades - they're very different songs. One is moody soft rock and the other is cheery pop rock. That's kind of like comparing In the Air Tonight and Walking on Sunshine.

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vashti1999
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vashti1999   Email vashti1999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No contest.

You got it made with the guy in shades, oh no

Corey Hart!!!

Posts: 60 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home