iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » THE SCORPIONS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE SCORPIONS
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because Ct rolled eyes at my BENNY HILL and HEAVEN ON THE SEVENTH floor statements I decided I'd try to talk about something cooler.
I'm listening to THE SCORPIONS: LOVEDRIVE right now.
Anyone else like them?
I've seen them in concert twice so far. They're supposed to touring this year so hopefully I'll get to see them again.
My favorite album by them is LOVE AT FIRST STING.
Klaus Meine is one of my Top Five Favorite Heavy Metal singers.
Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peaches asked us about The Scorpions:
quote:
Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?
Yeah, here's mine...

[Roll Eyes]

[Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Sorry Mamamiasweetpeaches [Frown]

My... [Roll Eyes] had nothing to do with you. I like all your topic's and posts [Smile]

I like Benny Hill

Sorry for the misunderstanding [Smile] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's all about Winds of Change.

I usually prefer harder stuff myself, though.

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best Scorpions song by far is "The Zoo"; the rest of their stuff was pretty cool too.

Other great songs by the Scorps is

"Speedy's Coming"
"Animal Magnetism"
"Holiday"
"Another Piece of Meat"
"Blackout"
"Can't Live Without You"
"No One Like You"
"Bad Boys Running Wild"
"Rock You Like a Hurricane"--even though thisone was overplayed
"Coming Home"
"I'm Leaving You"
"Big City Nights"
"Still Loving You"

As you can tell I like the Teutonic Terrors quite a bit.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see it now, it played over and over on MTV, but it still rocked and it went like this:

Girl, it’s been a long time that we’ve been apart
Much too long for a man who needs love
I miss you since I’ve been away
Babe, it wasn’t easy to leave you alone
It’s getting harder each time that I go
If I had the choice, I would stay

There’s no one like you
I can’t wait for the nights with you
I imagine the things we do
I just wanna be loved by you

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That one wasnt as over played as ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE.
As much as I like that song it really got run into the ground.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home