iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Looking for song "The Ride" by "Matches".... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Looking for song "The Ride" by "Matches"....
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
So I finally listened to the song "The Ride"... I don't get what all of the excitement is about. Not to be rude, but, it's OK, but nothing groundbreaking. The way it was hyped-up I thought it was something really special...

- jdocster [Wink]

I agree....this song aint that great.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well for me it is something really special, but admittedly it has little to do with the actual quality of the song.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinick
Rewinder
Member # 6245

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kinick   Author's Homepage   Email Kinick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the only good parts are those featured in the movie...there should have been more of that, but the rest is just 80's pop...not hard rock like you would think. It's just about finally hearing this song for most though.
Posts: 40 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you guys... I'm glad it makes you happy. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G. Rose
Rewind Curious
Member # 7868

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for G. Rose   Email G. Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ride" from Karate Kid, March 31, 2009

Wanted to let everyone know that the song, "The Ride," missing from the first Karate Kid soundtrack for 25 years will finally be available on iTunes, Amazon.com, and Rhapsody mid to late April '09. It'll be available as a single or part of a 5 tune EP titled "The Ride," released by Matches for the 25th Anniversary of Karate Kid.

Yeah!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way!!!! REALLY???? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinick
Rewinder
Member # 6245

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kinick   Author's Homepage   Email Kinick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that's the man in question who made this possible... Geoffrey Rose himself! [Cool]
Posts: 40 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OutOfCommission
Rewind Curious
Member # 6056

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for OutOfCommission     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's now on iTunes! I purchased it just now. Thanks G!
Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bmeri
Rewind Curious
Member # 8036

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bmeri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow cant believe that song is out, seriously when i saw it by accident on youtube i was so shocked i hugged the laptop [Wink]

just have to figure out now how to download it so if someone knows , thanx for the help [Smile]

Posts: 2 | From: zagreb | Registered: Jun 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha it aint all i thought it would be. The best parts of the song are whats in the movie.
Whats with the " HEY! HEY! WANNA RIDE! WANNA RIDE! HEY! HEY! WATDYA SAY!"part?
can someone tell me if i was listenin to the right song [Big Grin]

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess it's all about having the song..as to complete the songs from the movie, making them obtainable..which this track wasn't for so long.
so i understand. but i agree with jdoc, i don't particularly care for the song.

it sounds good in parts. [Wink]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karate Kid - The Matches

There you are [Wink]

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got the soundtrack. bopbop on the beeeeeach [Smile] I love this film x
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really like the glory of love
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny the cream puff
Senior Rewinder
Member # 13275

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny the cream puff   Email johnny the cream puff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it's ok but the best bits are the bits in the film. Still nice to finally listen to it in full though.
My fave track is (Bop Bop) on the beach

Posts: 52 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home