iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Rumours of a new sequel (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Rumours of a new sequel
beavis
Rewind Curious
Member # 4172

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for beavis   Email beavis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else heard the rumours that they're doing a new sequel, apparently about his son? I hear it's going to be based in England, not L.A...
Posts: 4 | From: Birmingham | Registered: May 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HoBBiT
Rewind Curious
Member # 4168

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HoBBiT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that's false.
Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a stupid awful idea.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beavis
Rewind Curious
Member # 4172

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for beavis   Email beavis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good friend of mine who works at a production company in London has read the script. AFAIK it's not got a green light yet, but they are deadly serious about making it...
Posts: 4 | From: Birmingham | Registered: May 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would not be a great thing but I dont think its a shock that somebody would think of captilizing on the KK fame. After 20 years the movie still has a large cult following and studio execs are always trying to find ways to make money off of previous box office successes suchs as The Time Burton remake of Willy Wonka. Hollywood isn't the creative beacon that it once was.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are definitely too many remakes. Doesn't anyone in Hollywood have original ideas? That would be awful if they made that. I mean come on The Next Karate Kid was bad enough. "Just couldn't leave well enough alone, could you ya punk?" "Well now you're gonna pay!" Just say No, Ralph..........uh Daniel. [Wink] [Karate Kid]
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clinty mc fly
Master Rewinder
Member # 2946

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for clinty mc fly   Email clinty mc fly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
god i hope not the 3 kk was tops and 4 was ok had a fit bird in it lol sorry women
Posts: 107 | From: Lincoln,uk | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xmayleex
Rewind Curious
Member # 4206

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for xmayleex   Email xmayleex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that they are making another flim.
Posts: 2 | From: Wales | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those sequel rumors have been floating around for years now... I don't think it will ever come to fruition.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
Let's just hope not. [Wink]
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see someone trying to remake the film in another 10 years with a new kid that looks like Ralph Macchio but probablly with very little success.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
They shouldn't even try it then, it wouldn't be the same. I mean you can not recreate things that have already been done. I mean you can not recreate everything and expect it to be just as good and when you try to do that you stomp all over the memories for everybody and all they can think about when they hear that title is that stupid remake with those stupid actors that could not act their way out of a paper bag and make the original seem stupid and pointless and not as important as it was.
Geeahne
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 203

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Geeahne   Email Geeahne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ralph Macchio is Ralph Macchio..... Don't they ever try it!...

The "Daniel's Son" concept is ok (for me), I'm just hoping that IF EVER THEY WILL MAKE THAT, the film will be great so that youth of this generation will know the original KARATE KID... and the karate kid craze will endure forever!

Posts: 27 | From: Phillippines | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beavis
Rewind Curious
Member # 4172

Rate Member
UPDATE: Just heard that the owners of the script are allegedly in talks with Schwarzenegger's Oak Productions. Imagine Arnie as the new head of the Cobra Kai...
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
Where are you getting your information from?
beavis
Rewind Curious
Member # 4172

Rate Member
Friend of mine is an intern at the London production company. Can't be 100% as to whether she has misinterpreted what she heard, though.
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
Oh, okay. Well thanks for the info. [Wink]
karate116
Rewind Curious
Member # 3707

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for karate116   Email karate116   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I think it sounds like a good idea. They don't have to recreate anything, the new movie could just be an extension of the original movies. And Ralph Macchio could be in it too, I'm sure that would work ^_^
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I dont know if that would work. They did sort of an extension with KK4. Ya know "The Next Karate Kid". it kinda stunk. I think they should just leave it be.
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
I agree with Ali that is an awful idea. KK4 was bad enough.
Geeahne
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 203

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Geeahne   Email Geeahne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YeaH, THE NEXT KARATE KID sux! But, I think that there's nothing wrong about doing that kind of film (kk4)... I know that there's nothing can surpass the fame of the past KK movies but who knows, doing such film might bright back the karatekid fever... hehe... it's just my own oponion!
Posts: 27 | From: Phillippines | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why? Leave the film as it was, don't go and screw things up.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry my friend but the film is already so screwed up with KK2 and the next KK :I, KK3 is the only good sequel really worth seeing.
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamzcool
Rewind Curious
Member # 2638

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for adamzcool   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, personally I think that all the KK movies are awesome and if they made a new one, it would be great.

I think the reason you guys think that KK2 and The Next Karate Kid sucked is because they had rubbish soundtracks. It's amazing how much difference that makes, try watching the movie without the soundtrack, and you'll think that even KK1 is boring.

Anyway, as long as they get a good soundtrack (let's face it, nothing can beat the KK1 soundtrack) it will be crappy!

Posts: 1 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Hollywood can make all the Karate movies they want, but the KK movies are done. Why beat a dead horse? The idea of Mr. Myagi teaching a geek to fight has been done 4 times. Enough already! They were good films but the more they make the worse they'll get. No more KK films!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home