iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » continuity problems KK III...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: continuity problems KK III...
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm as big a KK fan as anyone, but gotta ask for others input.

Starting with the KK timeline, now we know in part II it's six months later, which puts it at June?? I always figured after the Chozen fight, Daniel and Miyagi come home, maybe in July?

But Kreese states he hasn't had a student come thru his doors in nine months. Would that put us at September?? That's a long summer trip, and even harder to believe Danny would be able to get over Kumiko so fast after spending that much time with her.

And the All Valley isn't until December, so is Daniel harrassed by Barnes for...3 months?? And Barnes is under 18 right? How is he able to get out of school to fly down and harrass some kid for weeks?

And Daniel turned 16 a night before the tournament, right? So that's puts his bday at December 17. So lets say he's JUST turned 17...and he's already in college?? Although it's never stated whether he's 16 or 17 when Miyagi gives him the car. But because of the driver's license thing and it's the All Valley Under 18 Tournament....argh, I just dunno.

Don't hate me KK fans.

[ 07. February 2005, 22:34: Message edited by: McFly ]

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also after the bonsai trees are stolen and Danny goes to the police next time you see Barnes he goes why did you call the cops.

Question for you, how did Daniel know who Barnes was to tell the cops who probably stole the trees and where to find Barnes?

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McFly:
I'm as big a KK fan as anyone, but gotta ask for others input.

Starting with the KK timeline, now we know in part II it's six months later, which puts it at June?? I always figured after the Chozen fight, Daniel and Miyagi come home, maybe in July?

But Kreese states he hasn't had a student come thru his doors in nine months. Would that put us at September?? That's a long summer trip, and even harder to believe Danny would be able to get over Kumiko so fast after spending that much time with her.

Well, when Mr Miyagi & Daniel return home, and Daniel talks to his mother on the phone.. she says "I can't believe it, Mr College man.." to which he replies "....yeah, registration is tuesday, classes start thursday" (or something to that effect). So when do College semesters start in the US? I assumed it was September time.. which would tie in with Kreese saying a student hadn't walked through his doors in nine months.

..and yeah, in KK1, the tournament is December 19th. It could have been earlier, couldn't it? (I appreciate that we assume its December though.)

Maybe Silver paid for Barnes to be tutored at his mansion. Lmao.

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam,possibly Danniel gave the police the Barnes car's plate,he was able to see it,just before the car was about to crash with the train
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Barnes left the application hanging on a string where the pots used to be [Smile] . Daniel says, "Who left the application, the tooth fairy??"

Another one....Silver says you now own 20 locations across the Valley. So why should they care that Barnes doesn't win the tournament? People look in the yellow pages for karate dojos, call, and sign up. Would they think the school sucked just because a student lost a tournament?

Ah, the charms of KK III.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most ironic,is all the Silver speech in front of a Twousand people,talking about compassion and fair play.And then put in action his robot of fouls and ilegal points...what kind of image he really wanted to project at the end?
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vidal
Rewinder
Member # 3208

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vidal   Email Vidal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got my KK Box Set DVD a few days ago & now I am up to KK 3... I just watched it, and wow did that movie SUCK!

[Eek!]

Posts: 46 | From: South Euclid,Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
Vidal, you had never seen it???

I think some scenes in it are excellent (kata at the beach, Miyagi sings, Miyagi and Daniel finally hug).

And some scenes are embarrassing ("You're dead man! You're gonna be dead!" All that's missing is "Your family...dead! Your friends...dead!"; all of Daniel's other whining; endless Bonsai stuff; plot and continuity gaffes)

At least the music was good, as always.

Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the actors in KKIII weren't as good. Now I know all of the guys liked to look at Robin, but she did not do that good of an acting job in this movie. And I think Mike Barnes should stick to soap operas. Karate Kid III could have been better, but I still like all three. The first one is the best, and I actually like the third one the second best. You just can't compare to the original though. And the Next Karate Kid......................we just won't go there.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vidal
Rewinder
Member # 3208

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vidal   Email Vidal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw KK3 on HBO well some of it. I totally forgot about it, and wow I am never watching that again, it almost made me dislike KK1 as much.

I hate when sequels try to remake the first one.

Posts: 46 | From: South Euclid,Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what mcfly said say is what i though when kk3 orignaly came out but everyone that posted does have some veary good points but i think mcflys orignal post on this subject is the best out all of the coments
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home