iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » question on song title

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: question on song title
joe2525
Rewind Curious
Member # 3131

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for joe2525   Email joe2525   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone know what the song is called from the first movie when the Kobra's are riding their motorcycles on the beach? If so, you know where I can find it for download?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BillyZabka
Rewinder
Member # 1570

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for BillyZabka   Author's Homepage   Email BillyZabka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe,

Here's the good news: most everyone who posts here could tell you that the song's title is "The Ride", and furthermore, they could likely add that the name of the group that sang it was "The Matches".

Now, for the bad news: Those self-same people (us) would be forced to add that the song doesn't seem to exist. Anywhere. It is, indeed, the "Holy Grail" of Karate Kid music. It was likely a demo cut from a band whose work was never released by Casablanca Records back in the early 80s, so it's unlikely that the song will ever be tracked down.

Posts: 32 | From: Littleton, CO USA | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CobraJohnny
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3071

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CobraJohnny   Email CobraJohnny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently bought the KK soundtrack, and the song wasn't on there. Sounds like BZ is correct---it's a myth lol

However, one time while searching Ebay for KK stuff, I came across two "music score" CDs that claimed it featured all the music from the movie. Now, as I look for it again, I can't find it. Maybe you should keep checking Ebay and see if it comes up again.

Good luck! [Karate Kid]

Posts: 15 | From: MS | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe2525
Rewind Curious
Member # 3131

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for joe2525   Email joe2525   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, thanks for the help guys.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BillyZabka
Rewinder
Member # 1570

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for BillyZabka   Author's Homepage   Email BillyZabka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad news there, too, I'm afraid (well...maybe MIXED news would be more appropriate). I own the bootleg "Karate Kid Score" CDs, and "The Ride" is nowhere to be found. The CDs contain Bill Conti's original (instrumental) score, which is some great music in and of itself, but sadly, the long lost tune by The Matches remains MIA.
Posts: 32 | From: Littleton, CO USA | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CobraJohnny
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3071

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CobraJohnny   Email CobraJohnny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that stinks [Frown] From the little bits I heard, I'd love to have the full song. Grrrr lol [Karate Kid]
Posts: 15 | From: MS | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home