iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Karate Kid Bloopers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Karate Kid Bloopers
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kickboxer   Email kickboxer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are some things I notice in the film, add whatever I may have missed, or comment if you like:

-When Daniel is being chased by Johnny and the rest of cobra Kai dressed as skeletons, they run through a foggy field with some large trees. while the camera is following him just as he gets close to the fence, pay attention to the upper right of the screen, you can see two "streams" of fog coming out of a fog machine.

-When Daniel arrives at school on his first day, He locks his bike up to the bike rack. Wait a minute. No he doesn't. He locks the lock around the front tire but it's not around the bars to the bike rack. Anybody who wants to can walk up and take the bike away.

-As Mr.Miyagi and Daniel leave the cobra kai dojo after making the deal until the tournament. Look at both Johnny and Bobby as they try not to laugh. Its the last shot of them staring at daniel and miyagi down before the leave. you will see bobby tries to hold the smile in but it appears. and jonny starts shakin and smiling. pretty funny.

-when everyone is having that party on the beach, and daniel and allie start talking and kicking the soccer ball around, all of a sudden Allie just kicks the ball as far away as she could. Nothing about that seemed accidental. I thought they were juggling, not having a how far you can kick trhe ball contest.

-when ali trips the cobra kai at the dance when there chasing daniel. listen closely, sounds like actual bones hittin the ground haha...

theres other stuff I noticed aswell, but those ones stand out most to me. please add if theres any more.

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that's cool, about the Cobras laughing, I've NEVER heard that one before...good eye. I've added my own in a different post such as...
Johnny seemingly "punching the air" to score after taking down Darryl Vidal, and Vidal clutching his stomac after being kicked in the face by Johnny only seconds later. But I believe that Ali kicked the ball from Daniel because she notices Johnny, and the Cobras coming, and she didn't want Daniel to have to deal with them so she sends him on a "wild goose chase", while she deals with them. Obviously, he chose to involve himself anyway during the "radio incedent".

Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kickboxer   Email kickboxer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya I reccomend you check that part out at the cobra kai dojo when there holding in there laughter!
Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
subsonique
Rewind Curious
Member # 2584

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for subsonique   Author's Homepage   Email subsonique   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
super cool. kinda never noticed those bro.
Posts: 4 | From: Technology Park Malaysia | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BonziTree
Rewind Curious
Member # 2476

- posted      Profile for BonziTree         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali kicked the soccer ball intentionally because she saw Johnny and his gang coming. She knew Johnny would start a fight if he saw Daniel flirting with Ali. So she kicked the ball as far as she could, to make Daniel get far away from her when Johnny was coming. It was her attempt to protect Daniel.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vidal
Rewinder
Member # 3208

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vidal   Email Vidal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love bloopers [Smile]

Here is some I found online:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087538/goofs

Continuity: When Daniel is introduced to Suzy, he mentions that the brand of his bike is a "Miyagi Turbo". Prior to this, Daniel had one encounter with Miyagi but hasn't yet found out his name. It could, of course, just be one of those coincidences that life is full of.

Revealing mistakes: In the scene where Mr. Miyagi and Daniel are attempting to catch a fly in their chopsticks, you can see that the fly is attached to a thin wire when it "flies" in between their two heads.

Audio/visual unsynchronized: When Daniel picks up Ali for their first date and his mother's station wagon won't start, they push start it and ask Ali to "pop the clutch", however you can hear the starter is used to start the engine.

Crew or equipment visible: When Daniel is being chased through a field by Johnny and the other boys (from the costume party), puffs of smoke being generated to look like evening fog can clearly be seen.

Continuity: Daniel's has cuts and scrapes (from getting beaten up the day before) during the "wax on, wax off" scene at Mr. Miyagi's house. His wounds disappear when he and Ali go to Golf 'N' Stuff and reappear the next day in time for the "sand the floor" scene at Mr. Miyagi's.

Continuity: A glove appears on Johnny's hand between shots when Daniel is putting the water hose over Johnny's head in the bathroom during the school party.

Continuity: Johnny's headband disappears and reappears between shots during the final fight.

Crew or equipment visible: During the tournament, in a close shot of Johnny as he faces his first opponent, a scene marker is visible being held between the actors before the fight starts.

Continuity: Johnny's wound after being trounced by Miyagi is not consistent with the attack he endured (a black eye from being flipped on his back and struck to the chest with a downward knifehand blow).

Revealing mistakes: When Johnny and his friends arrive at the beach on their dirt bikes and stop at the top of the hill you can see someone's helmet rolling on the ground.

Continuity: The writing of the Paint House note changes between shots.

Continuity: When Johnny first fights Daniel at the beach, Daniel is knocked down holding Ally's boombox with the speakers to his chest. When they cut to him hitting the sand, the speakers are facing out.

Continuity: When Daniel is playing soccer at the beach, the sweat stains on the back of his shirt change significantly between shots.

Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Daniel asks the old lady for directions to Mr. Miyagi's shop, she tell's him to go, "Left, then right," and then his shop will be on his left. However, when Daniel takes a left, then right he comes to Mr. miyagi's which is on the right, not the left.

Audio/visual unsynchronized: When Daniel and his mother are eating together across from the karate school you can hear her talking to him but her lips aren't moving.

Posts: 46 | From: South Euclid,Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vidal
Rewinder
Member # 3208

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Vidal   Email Vidal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.moviemistakes.com/film697

There is somemore [Smile]

Posts: 46 | From: South Euclid,Ohio | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobra Kai black belt
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3619

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cobra Kai black belt   Email Cobra Kai black belt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Claude Willis:
Wow, that's cool, about the Cobras laughing, I've NEVER heard that one before...good eye. I've added my own in a different post such as...
Johnny seemingly "punching the air" to score after taking down Darryl Vidal

Johnny 'punches the air' because if he had hit Vidal in the face it would be a DQ as in Karate that would be seen as 'deliberate intent to cause harm or damage'. In karate the 'act of a strike' is usualy what gets you the point rather than real agression.
Posts: 29 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry B. Scott
Master Rewinder
Member # 2508

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Larry B. Scott   Email Larry B. Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, this was true in the tournament I fought in. Controlled contact to the head is legal. Intent to harm is a DQ.

Maybe it wasn't fully explained by Ali.

Posts: 147 | From: New York City | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Mike Barnes,his intent to harm Danny in the tournament was more than obious,perhaps he wasn`t desqualified because Silver was an sponsor.
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home