iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Glory of Love, soundtracks and a bunch of other stuff

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glory of Love, soundtracks and a bunch of other stuff
Justinhoward001
Rewind Curious
Member # 2512

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Justinhoward001   Author's Homepage   Email Justinhoward001   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only recently found this message board. WOW I cant believe there are so many karate kid enthusiasts out there. I mean how many films can lay stake to such a devoted fan base.

I had a question, its a bit of an almanack one but here goes.

If anyone has the Karate Kid II OST the LP obviously includes "The Glory of Love". However, the version on the LP is totally different to the one playing during the end credits of the KKII and, in my opinion, the one playing at the end of the movie is much better. My question is a simple one, does anyone know where exactly I can get my hands on the version at the end of the movie or, if anyone has it would they be willing to trade? I see various singles floating around saying "Glory of Love", im not even sure what version they contain. Havig said that, i wired my hifi system upto my video and recorded the track onto audio cassette, with not bad quality resulting.

Also on the soundtrack to KKII is a song by Carly Simon called "Two Looking At One" and is one of the best ballads period. Whats interesting is that throughout the whole of the KKII the music to that track appears throughout, revamped using various percussion/string arrangements but, to the best of my knowledge, the 'song' never appears during the movie. Anyway, thats beside the point, which is that the KKII soundtrack is worth just for that track it captures the essence of the entire trilogy in my opinion. Also, I havent seen it on any of carly simon's work either, which is strange because it is such a great track. I got my soundtrack off of Z-shops in 2001 and it was signed by pat morita!!!

Lastly, does anyone have the score to the third film. I have the scores to the first and second films but not the third, which i really want because of the music playing when Miyagi teaches Daniel kata. I have all the pop soundtracks as well and would be willing to trade. I may even make a syndicate to get this music out to people who are fans because, like many on this site, it is a travesty that this music is no longer available to buy commercially. I would only charge for shipping from the UK.

thanks for taking the time to read

Posts: 7 | From: London, England, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry B. Scott
Master Rewinder
Member # 2508

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Larry B. Scott   Email Larry B. Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If nobody here is able to help you, definitely check EBAY.com for the soundtracks. They pop up from time to time. Not sure about the Carly Simon song though.
Posts: 147 | From: New York City | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sad truth is that some songs are intended JUST for the movie.. classic example is Baxter Robertson's - "Feel The Night" from KK. The movie version features female vocals and slightly altered lyrics.. only Baxter sings on any official release.

To the best of my knowledge the KKIII score has never been released. I have the KK & KKII scores too and have ripped the extended version of "Training Hard" from the DVD [the Kata sequences with Miyagi & Daniel in KKIII] though towards the end of that scene there is some interference on the track from the actual film so it will never correctly rip as it should unless I fade it out in some way

I'll look into doing this actually and I'll upload it for y'all

-Ian

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey "Brown",
How did you get the scores to the first 2 films? From the dvd's? Can you make it available to any or all of us? Is that what you mean by "more to come" on the page with the "Glory of Love", and "Training Hard"? Sorry for all the questions, I would just really like to have the scores, and ANY true music from the films, as I'm sure we all would!!!! thanks alot

Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!

I have the scores from the first 2 movies. They were available at a Karate Kid site some time ago, but the site went down. I've uploaded them all once to a server, but it basically shut me down for linking copyrighted music, lol.
These scores were the actual tracks and are not DVD rips so they are good quality!

I'll upload them all again in good time [Wink] [I only have a 56k modem)

I basically ripped Glory Of Love from the DVD and played around with the quality to get it right. That extended version of "Training Hard" isn't exactly the version from KKIII. .Its just something I put together with segments of the KKIII version and segments of the KKI version, but it came out ok i thought. I really wish Bill Conti would just release a box set or somethin with these scores on [Big Grin]

Basically, whats I meant by "more to come" is that as I get time, I'll upload all the score music and some wallpapers that I have made. My wallpapers are basically movie stills that I've converted to 1024x768 res. Check a couple out here... [they're zipped, so you'll need to extract them with WinRar that most XP users have anyways]

http://www.powow.com/*****/kk.html

Keep checkin back for updates and e-mail me if there is anything specific that you want.

ib9@1-nil.com

-Ian

[ 18. January 2006, 09:11: Message edited by: Brown ]

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
small examples of the wallpapers...

-

-

Ian

Justinhoward001
Rewind Curious
Member # 2512

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Justinhoward001   Author's Homepage   Email Justinhoward001   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing you could do is hook your stereo system to your dvd/vhs player and record the song that way onto audio cassette. The quality should be excellent if your recording from dvd because of the digital output.

From there you should be able to find any indie dubbing studio on the net that will burn it from audio cassette to cd, esp. for you guys stateside.

has anybody searched kazaa or any of those sites for the version?

Posts: 7 | From: London, England, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY BROWN,
THAT'S AWESOME, I CAN'T WAIT 'TIL YOU UPLOAD 'EM ALL, UM, HOPEFULLY YOU CAN JUST SEND ME THEM ON CD IF YOU'VE READ MY OTHER POST "ANOTHER REQUEST FOR BROWN". THOSE WALL PAPER PICS ARE AWESOME, WOULD IT BE OK IF I USED THE PICS (SMALL ONES) ON MY SITE? JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE UNIQUE, AND I DON'T HAVE MANY KK2 PICS,AS THEY SEEM TO BE HARD TO FIND. IF NOT IT'S COOL, BUT I'D APPRECIATE IT. THANKS [Karate Kid]

Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
HEY BROWN,
THAT'S AWESOME, I CAN'T WAIT 'TIL YOU UPLOAD 'EM ALL, UM, HOPEFULLY YOU CAN JUST SEND ME THEM ON CD IF YOU'VE READ MY OTHER POST "ANOTHER REQUEST FOR BROWN". THOSE WALL PAPER PICS ARE AWESOME, WOULD IT BE OK IF I USED THE PICS (SMALL ONES) ON MY SITE? JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE UNIQUE, AND I DON'T HAVE MANY KK2 PICS,AS THEY SEEM TO BE HARD TO FIND. IF NOT IT'S COOL, BUT I'D APPRECIATE IT. THANKS [Karate Kid]

Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Justinhoward001:
One thing you could do is hook your stereo system to your dvd/vhs player and record the song that way onto audio cassette. The quality should be excellent if your recording from dvd because of the digital output.

Actually, as soon as you transfer the music to tape, it becomes analogue. And well, as soon as you record it on to a tape it has lost lots of quality anyways. NOTHING you do to non-digital music will actually re-encode it with digital sound. It is IMPOSSIBLE to grade up sound quality. You can only grade down.
quote:
Originally posted by Justinhoward001:
has anybody searched kazaa or any of those sites for the version?

The movie version will not be available anywhere, I guarantee. That is unless of course, someone has done the same thing that I have done and ripped it from the DVD.
quote:
Originally posted by Claude Willis
THOSE WALL PAPER PICS ARE AWESOME, WOULD IT BE OK IF I USED THE PICS (SMALL ONES) ON MY SITE? JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE UNIQUE, AND I DON'T HAVE MANY KK2 PICS,AS THEY SEEM TO BE HARD TO FIND. IF NOT IT'S COOL, BUT I'D APPRECIATE IT. THANKS

I've e-mailed you [Wink]

Btw, anyone can feel free to use the pictures I've provided, so go ahead man. I'll upload a few more from KKII when I get a minute.

-Ian

keep checkin that site for updates. I'll do stuff when I can!!

http://www.powow.com/*****/kk.html

[ 18. January 2006, 09:12: Message edited by: Brown ]

Justinhoward001
Rewind Curious
Member # 2512

Rate Member
I checked out the sounds from your web-site and they're excellent. Thanks a lot man

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home