iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Best Karate Fight Ever

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Karate Fight Ever
Karate Forever
Senior Rewinder
Member # 291

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Karate Forever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering what karate fights from tv or the movies people thought were the best ever.

My absolute favorites both included Bruce Lee. My first pick is when he fights Kareem Abdul Jabbar in Game of Death. Watching little Bruce slowly beat this giant athlete to death was pretty cool. Kareem starts out really confident, but half way through he gets this terrified look on his face that just says "holy s**t this guy is going to kill me."

My second was when Bruce takes on Chuck Norris. Here the underdog Asian beats the crap out of the all American Chuck. At the end when a defeated Norris throws himself toward Bruce, and Lee just holds him and chokes him until all the life is out of him. It was like Norris knew he had lost, but understood he had to die. Pretty cool!

Of course Billy Zabka vs Ralph Macchio was ok, but because it was a tournament it lacked the excitement of a real fight.

What do you think of these? What was your favorite karate fight?

Posts: 53 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´ve always loved the fight between Kurt Mc Kinney and Van Damme in "No Retreat No Surrundear".

There were a lot of technique from both,wish it would have been longer.

Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I haven't seen too many martial arts films. Many look too choreographed, and it's endless blocks and punches of two pros.

I'd honestly go with the ending of KKid 2. As the trailer says, "No more tournaments. No more cheering crowds. This time, the combat is real". And because Daniel was still so green and Chozen woopin' his *** , it made for a great final bundling up of strength and courage for him to pull it out.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another reference to Bruce Lee's 'Game Of Death' when Bruce's going up against that nunchucks guy (whose name escapes me) in the Pagoda, I love Lee's comic timing in that scene: "how do YOU like that?" another top drawer clash was the fight between Jackie Chan and Benny Lai in 'Police Story 2'
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wayne Campbell vs. Cassandra's father in "WW2."
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I WOULD SAY THE FINAL FIGHT IN BEST OF THE BEST, ALTHOUGH THAT WHOLE COMPETITION SCENE WAS PRETTY COOL. ALSO, ANYTIME RAPH' IS KICKIN *** IN THE TMNT MOVIES. ALSO, YOU GOTTA LOVE BRANDON LEE'S STUFF, ESPECIALLY IN RAPID FIRE, AND THE CROW . BRUCE LEE GOES WITHOUT SAYING...FOR ME ANYHOO,
Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali
Rewinder
Member # 2408

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali   Author's Homepage   Email Ali   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the endings of both KK2 and KK3. KK2 is probably my favorite though. I just love the determined look on Daniel's face when Miyagi starts beating the drum and Daniel looks to him and then back to Chosen. Besides,he looked so good in that red jacket.lol.
Posts: 43 | From: N.C. | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home