iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Observation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Observation
Heroine
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1702

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Heroine   Email Heroine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They screened Karate Kid part 1 on tv here today, but I only managed to catch the final tournament scenes. (but that's ok, because it was on cable, which means it'll be repeated alot)

Anyway, you know the part when Kreese tells one of the Cobra Kais to put Daniel out of commission.
And he protests that he can take Daniel out on his own, but ultimately kicks Daniel and gets disqualified ?

While Daniel's on the floor in pain the Cobra Kai yells out 'I'm sorry Daniel, I'm sorry."

I have watched this movie countless times over the years, and I always assumed he was being sarcastic. But today I saw it differently. I got the impression that he was sincerely apologising as if he regretted obeying Kreese.

What does everyone else think ?

Posts: 21 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JeetKunDo74
Rewind Curious
Member # 2234

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JeetKunDo74   Email JeetKunDo74   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the end of the Karate Kid, Bobby leans down to appologize to Daniel. This is meant to be a sincere appology as he is then targeted by Kreece in the opening of the Karate Kid II at which time Mr. Miyagi steps in and does his magic! So..yes..he was a nice guy after all.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first couple times I saw the movie when I was younger I also thought that Bobby was being sarcastic...But after watching the rest of his performance in the movie I realized that he was the nice guy of the group and he actually was being sincere. Also as they're carrying Daniel backstage you can see Bobby kneeling and then looking over at him.
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BONZAI-Ryan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1596

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for BONZAI-Ryan   Email BONZAI-Ryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont see how you could think that it was sarcastic....but that's just me. I thought that he did a great job of acting sincere in that particular scene. Also, isn't Bobby the Cobra who was saying "Lay off man, he's had enough", when the Kai's were beating the crap out of Daniel after the dance?

RYan

Posts: 66 | From: Montpelier, IN | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heroine
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1702

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Heroine   Email Heroine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that I think about it, it seems so obvious to me. I can't believe I didn't realize it earlier !!
Posts: 21 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BONZAI-Ryan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1596

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for BONZAI-Ryan   Email BONZAI-Ryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it is really obvious! Geez what's wrong with you!?!? HAHA, I am just joking. But anyway, I don't think that Bobby was a bad guy. Sure, he was a Cobra Kai and all, but he didn't really share the same feelings about "Destroying Daniel", as the rest of them. Well have a good day.

Ryan

Posts: 66 | From: Montpelier, IN | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heroine
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1702

Rate Member
I thought it was a nice touch how Johnny took the trophy off the presenter and handed it to Daniel himself.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home