iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » I know we've done this before.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I know we've done this before.....
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know we've covered this before but it's always fun. Who's your fav KK actor and why?

I like Bobby cuz he was a true blackbelt and he was cute. [Razz]

I like Danielsan because he was real and believable as a whiny brat that didn't know how to defend himself. [Karate Kid]

ANd I liked Kreese because he had the corniest lines but turned them into gold!

So who do you like? Pick them from any of the KK movies. [Smile]

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali, you know I agree with you on that one! Bobby was tough but sweet, and he was sooo cute. He was the only Cobra Kai that had a "nice guy" side to him. I loved everything about him...he was just so perfect!! There are other cute guys in the movies, but none of them even compare to Bobby. [Smile]
Man...I think I could go on and on about how much I liked Bobby...but I'll stop now, because I know there's a lot of other girls who want to say something about him! [Big Grin]

Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jfunk
Rewind Curious
Member # 2166

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jfunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I just came across this site and decided I HAD to take part. [Smile] How could anyone not love Mr. Miyagi? In my opinion, he was one of the greatest characters in any movie ever. I don't think I would have loved these [Karate Kid] "two" [Karate Kid] movies (I hardly acknowledge the third and refuse to even consider the fourth to be a Karate Kid movie) if not for the great performance of Pat Morita.
Posts: 3 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the board jfunk! I agree Pat was a great asset to all the KK films.

I also agree with SHEGOTGAME about Bobby. I know we've been through that before, all that Bobby talk but it never gets old. He's a cutie! [Razz] [Karate Kid]

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thischoolsucks
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1178

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thischoolsucks   Email thischoolsucks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading a Rolling Stone issue, and there is a band called "Alli with an I"...Just thought that was cool [Big Grin] [Karate Kid]
Posts: 84 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geeahne
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 203

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Geeahne   Email Geeahne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, well, well,.... I'm a loyal person so i like DANIEL LARUSSO very very much! he's the perfect guy for me!!!

Eneiweiz,,, i also like Mr. Miyagi because he's so brave!!! And Kresse??? he's the best Villain!

Posts: 27 | From: Phillippines | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This board's been famous for being pro-Kobra Kai, I'm one of the rare ones who are against.

Mr. Miyagi is philosophical and funny (the Miyagi-isms I use every day are many), a good teacher, and friend ("Ah ah ah ah! Choose.")

Mr. M. would be my vote.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
True McFly, I'd say you were in the minority when it comes to fav characters. I too am a pro Cobra Kai.

Although I like Mr. Miyagi and Danielsan, there's something about bad guys that's just so much more interesting. [Karate Kid]

thischoolsucks
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1178

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thischoolsucks   Email thischoolsucks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kobra kai never die
Posts: 84 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Thischoolsucks where have you been? [Confused] [Confused]
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I agree Ali. Whenever watching a movie you of course don't ask yourself, why is that person nice? That's just normal behavior. When someone's mean or psycho they are of more interest. Like it would be interesting to sit down with them and ask so why do you do what you do? I think John Lawrence, or all the KK for that matter, were under the influence of the wrong person. They realize that in the end at the tournament and in the parking lot. It was good that Kreese turned on them and they became the victim.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Yeah, I like the way it ended. Daniel was an interesting character too, but he just whined too much for me. I understnad that's who he was though. He came off a bit selfish sometimes and that was good.

I hate it when movies make the good guy so perfect without any mistakes or flaws. Danny boy had planty of flaws and that made him human.

All around, this is a great movie.

JeetKunDo74
Rewind Curious
Member # 2234

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JeetKunDo74   Email JeetKunDo74   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Daniel's Mom. She took a lot of lip, and never had to smack the KK around to stress her point. It would have been cool if her and Kreece had dated..to increase the drama and the tension in the Movie
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
natjean
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for natjean   Email natjean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone [Smile]

My favourite Karate Kid would have to be Daniel Larusso. I can't really explain why, but there's just something about him that makes him stand out amoung all the rest. Well, at least you know that Daniel's got my vote.

Bye for now,
Natalie.

Posts: 11 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali
Rewinder
Member # 2408

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali   Author's Homepage   Email Ali   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said!I loved Daniel and always will.Everything you said about his character left me nothing to say except that he was also totally gorgeous on the outside.Think baby browns.
Posts: 43 | From: N.C. | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Widya LaRusso
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2435

- posted      Profile for Widya LaRusso   Email Widya LaRusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, what a topic. Is Daniel is still minority here. well, i vote for Daniel as my fave character. It's not about GOOD or BAD. it's just about....character...that's all. [Karate Kid]
Posts: 18 | From: Indonesia | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thischoolsucks
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1178

Member Rated:
Hey Ali with an I....lately I just havent seen much worth posting on, but I have been checking in every now and then. I will never ditch my fellow KK fans.
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kickboxer   Email kickboxer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With out a doubt. Johnny Lawrance of the Cobra Kai. I have a tremendous amount of respect for how good at karate he became since he had no martial arts training prior to when he started getting trained during the process of this film. He has that perfect bully intimidating look to him. In many ways that movie could of easily sucked if he wasn't in it. My favorite part is when he loses to Daniel at the tournament; and grabs the trophy from the announcer and says with tears in his eyes: "your alright Larrusso, good match."
He is not nearly a big name actor, But I could not think of anyone who would of played the part better. [Smile]

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry B. Scott
Master Rewinder
Member # 2508

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Larry B. Scott   Email Larry B. Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel Larusso. Needs no explanation.
Posts: 147 | From: New York City | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry B. Scott
Master Rewinder
Member # 2508

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Larry B. Scott   Email Larry B. Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, Dutch. He was intimidating. Especially in the locker room. "Make a move!" Plus he's McQueen's kid, so he's automatically cool.
Posts: 147 | From: New York City | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Thischoolsucks! Wow haven't seen you forever!

Larry B Scott, you're right, Dutch is a cool one too. I too LOVE Steve McQueen. I started a thread about him a long while back in the 70s rewind forum. Didn't seem like a lot of people around here are interested or really know anything about him. Anyway, great opinions everyone! [Karate Kid]

Terry
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2561

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Terry   Email Terry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DANIEL IS A PUSSY WHO WOULDN'T BULLY HIM?
JOHNNY WAS THE MAN! OH AND JABEEB WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS GET A LIFE!!!!!!

Posts: 27 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kickboxer   Email kickboxer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya I must agree, Johnny was the man, and still way better at karate than Daniel. Im still glad daniel wins, cuz he was harsh picked on, and he needed to gain respect.
but in the end, cobra kai still rules.

Johnny: "No he wants to learn karate, well here's your 1st lesson, learning to take a fall"

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm all for cobra kai!!!

go johnny! [Mad]

Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BonziTree
Rewind Curious
Member # 2476

- posted      Profile for BonziTree         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali is my favorite character.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home