iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Best Karate Kid Song (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best Karate Kid Song
Geeahne
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 203

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Geeahne   Email Geeahne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ei guyz... well, one of the reasons why I cannot forget these great movies are the songs...

So,,, which do you think is the best karate kid song????

Posts: 27 | From: Phillippines | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geeahne
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 203

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Geeahne   Email Geeahne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me???

I love THE "GLORY OF LOVE".

it's the best!!! [Smile]

[Karate Kid]

Posts: 27 | From: Phillippines | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Your the Best"....the song says it all!!

I also like "Cruel Summer" by Bananarama

There's lots of other great songs in the movies, but those are probably my two favorites.

Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Moment of Truth....Survivor

Listen to your heart...Little River Band

You´re the best...Joe Esposito

Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geeahne
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 203

Member Rated:
I love your 3 picks silverado!

I also like "young hearts beats fast"...

and "ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK" - THE VERSION IN KK2...

yEh!!!!!!!! [Razz]

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the entire KK1 soundtrack, including the songs that are unavailable. I also love Glory of Love.

Those were great songs for a great movies.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jude Cole - First Impression
Little River Band - Listen To Your Heart
Peter Cetera - Glory Of Love

on a side note, I've never been able to find "on a high wire" by Glen Medeiros. He's the guy singin in KKIII when Daniel takes Jessica to that club... i want that song [Frown] !

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CobraKai123
Rewind Curious
Member # 2216

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CobraKai123   Email CobraKai123       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cruel Summer
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris-H-
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1957

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chris-H-   Author's Homepage   Email Chris-H-   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cruel Summer and Your The Best Around
Posts: 28 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BONZAI-Ryan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1596

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for BONZAI-Ryan   Email BONZAI-Ryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always loved "Young Hearts Beat Fast" That is one of my favorite songs, and definetely my favorite KK song. I wish that I could find out more about the band that sang it though, there's just not much out there on them [Frown]

Ryan

Posts: 66 | From: Montpelier, IN | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
natjean
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for natjean   Email natjean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My absolute favourite Karate Kid song would be "Cruel Summer" followed by "You're the Best" and "Young Hearts Beat Fast." There's just something about those songs that are appealing to me. Oh and I also like "No Shelter."

Bye for now,
Natalie.

Posts: 11 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`d like to ad: Feel the night..Baxter Robertson
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobra kai82
Rewind Curious
Member # 2307

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Cobra kai82   Email Cobra kai82   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Listen to Your Heart' from KK3.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Van-Eyes
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2337

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Van-Eyes   Author's Homepage   Email Van-Eyes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that song just called 'Young Hearts' ?

And YES, thats my favourite!!!

Posts: 12 | From: Melbourne, OZ | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali
Rewinder
Member # 2408

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali   Author's Homepage   Email Ali   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glory of love/Feel the night/You're the best
Posts: 43 | From: N.C. | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
7red7
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2473

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 7red7   Email 7red7   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, it's all about the KK1 soundtrack!!!

Your The Best
Cruel Summer
Hearts Beat Fast

I even love the song played as the Cobra Kai's ride down onto the beach!!! [Smile]

DAN

Posts: 23 | From: La Puente California | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claude Willis
Master Rewinder
Member # 2489

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Claude Willis   Author's Homepage   Email Claude Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IT'S TOUGH TO SAY BECAUSE THESE ARE SOME OF THE MOVIES OUT THERE THAT ARE SO IDENTIFIABLE BECAUSE OF THEIR MUSIC, AND THE SERIES ALSO USES MUSIC BETTER THAN MOST MOVIES. THE SONGS SEEM TO GO INCREDIBLY WELL WITH THE SCENES, I'M GLAD THE FILMMAKERS KEPT IN MIND THAT IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BIGGEST ARTISTS, IT'S ABOUT WHAT SONGS ARE RIGHT FOR THE MOVIE!! I WOULD SAY..KK1-1)YOU'RE THE BEST AROUND 2) YOUNG HEARTS 3) BOP BOP ON THE BEACH (BECAUSE IT'S SO PERFECT FOR THE SCENE, AND IT'S UNMISTAKABLE) KK2 - 1) GLORY OF LOVE (DUH) 2) THE NAME ESCAPES ME BUT, I LIKE THE SONG PLAYING IN THE PLACE WHERE DANIEL BREAKS THE ICE 3) ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK KK3 - 1) DON'T LEAVE ME STRANDED (ON THE HIGH WIRE). UNLESS WE'RE TALKING SCORE TOO, THEN OBVIOUSLY THE "KK THEME" WHICH IS AMAZING, AND UNFORGETTABLE...CURSE BILL CONTI FOR BEING SO "LACKADASICAL" AND CALLOUS TOWARDS NOT ONLY THE KK SCORE, BUT ALL OF HIS FILM WORK! THE MAN IS AN OSCAR WINNING GENIUS, YOU'D THINK HE'D LIKE TO PUT HIS STUFF OUT THERE TO BE APPRECIATED, AND HONORED, BUT I GUESS NOT, SORRY ABOUT THAT, I HAD TO GET THAT OUT.
Posts: 180 | From: Marathon, NY | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kickboxer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1998

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kickboxer   Email kickboxer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your the best around! totally.
such a pump up song, totally makes ya wana kick some *** lol...

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Young hearts, No Shelter and You're the best [Cool]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paint Defence
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6006

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Paint Defence   Email Paint Defence   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all, new to the board.

For me it's definately "Young Hearts" by Commuter, I even have it currently as my MySpace profile song.

PS- anyone know where I can find the lyrics? I'm a little fuzzy on part of the chorus.

Posts: 11 | From: MI | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, welcome to the board [Smile] Here's the lyrics http://www.soundtracklyrics.net/song-lyrics/karate-kid/young-hearts.htm
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paint Defence
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6006

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Paint Defence   Email Paint Defence   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. Now I know it's :

Young hearts beat fast,
Driving down the road.
Rubber, plastic, metal, glass.

Posts: 11 | From: MI | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cobrakai4life
Rewind Curious
Member # 6033

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cobrakai4life   Email cobrakai4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE KK1 ALBUM IS GOOD BUT IT IS MISSING ALL THE BACKGROUND MUSIC (THE ORCHESTRA MUSIC)AND IS ALSO MISSING CRUEL SUMMER. BUT THE BEST SONG EVER IS "YOUR THE BEST" I AM READY TO WORKOUT, FIGHT, RUN OR JUST GET UP IN THE MORNING TO THAT SONG. EVEN AT WORK WE PLAY IT IF SOMEONE STEPS OUT OF LINE....LOL...IT IS COBRA KAI TIME AT THAT POINT....NO MERCY...
Posts: 3 | From: FLORIDA | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pearwater
Rewinder
Member # 6093

11 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pearwater   Email pearwater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just love the original 'The Karate Kid' soundtrack,the pop songs are all great but I have the instrumental music playing on my PC as I type this..
Posts: 47 | From: Yorkshire,England | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 11  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Pooh
Master Rewinder
Member # 5798

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Princess Pooh   Email Princess Pooh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this film, but unfortunately think the soundtrack is 'pants'.

Although I do love 'Cruel Summer, by Bananarama. I always think of this film when I hear this song. :-)

Posts: 156 | From: London | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home