iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » catching flies w/ chopsticks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: catching flies w/ chopsticks
Shockgrubz
Rewind Curious
Member # 2058

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Shockgrubz   Email Shockgrubz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have stories of fly catching? I have a couple, but the one that really brings me back is the memory that I have of my brother and I trying to catch flies with chopsticks.

After begging our mother to get some takeout since seeing Karate Kid for the first time, we anticipated the contest we were going to hold afterwards. The white rice was a blur, as we shuffled the food in our gullets with a deft quickness, trying to show each other up with some chopstick skill.

We had left the windows and doors open to let some target flies in. After huffing down the grub, we laughed at our fortunes and commenced to making the rules for our showdown. The rules were very simple, one attempt then your opponents' turn. My bro tried first, and missed. It was my turn and I knew that I wouldn't waste my try looking for a fly. I had to put my mind in the same place that Danielsans' was when he did the task. I was looking in one spot over the candle on the table. My bro was joking with me saying "breathe in, breathe out", in his best mr. miagi voice. I then struck out with my weapons and snatched an airborne insect by the legs. At the negative reaction of my brother, I was not surprised that he did not believe that I could do it on my first try. After he had thrown his sticks down in disgust, I brought my buzzing prey next to his ear and said " Hear that, Danielsan......that is your future". [Big Grin]

Posts: 1 | From: Anywhere usa | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home