iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » KK turning 20 next year....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KK turning 20 next year....
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what are we all doing to celebrate this milestone in 80s cinema history?
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lotrgirl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1358

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for lotrgirl   Email lotrgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno what to do? None of my friends like the movie. They have no taste. What are you doing for it?
Posts: 81 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWhammer
Rewind Curious
Member # 1677

- posted      Profile for TheWhammer   Email TheWhammer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I am going to do is you guys can tell me the
day the karate kid turns 20 years, then I will take that day to rest and watch the movie. Enjoy !!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it would be cool if they re-released them i the cinema
Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friends and I are gonna throw a KK themed party. Everyone is gonna dress like a character from the film. We plan on watching it all day while partying to the soundtrack.

I agree with Knock out boy, it would be cool if they re-released it in theatres. It would be wonderful if the added the deleted footage to the film as well.

Also I wish they would release a better DVD, they could spice it up ad make it so much better.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BONZAI-Ryan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1596

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for BONZAI-Ryan   Email BONZAI-Ryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone just needs to keep signing that petition!
Posts: 66 | From: Montpelier, IN | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow....
does that make anyone else feel very old to know that [Karate Kid] Karate Kid [Karate Kid] is going to be around for 20 years !! It was my favorite movie growing up. Well it's still one of my favorites too. But it's incredible to think it will be 20 years! I hope they do re-release it as well! [Big Grin]

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I have been emailing the studio that produced KK since last year. They have never responded. I get the feeling that they don't care what we think. I don't think they will be willing to produce a new and improved DVD just because a few million KK fans around the world ask for it. This makes no sense to me. hey could have added so much extra things to the DVD that they left rotting in a basement somewhere in Hollywood. I hope they change their minds.
BillyZabka
Rewinder
Member # 1570

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for BillyZabka   Author's Homepage   Email BillyZabka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BIG NEWS---

I just received a letter from Columbia/TriStar pictures, in reference to my letter asking for a rerelease/new DVD. Here's the word from TriStar:

"Thank you for your letter of June 19. We are currently in the process of putting together a "Karate Kid" boxed set for region 1 that we hope will please its fans.

Your input toward that end is appreciated."

It's working!

-Zabka

Posts: 32 | From: Littleton, CO USA | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BONZAI-Ryan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1596

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for BONZAI-Ryan   Email BONZAI-Ryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROCK ON!!!! I wonder when it will come out!?
Posts: 66 | From: Montpelier, IN | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home