iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » KK vs No Retreat No Surrender

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KK vs No Retreat No Surrender
TeenWolf
Rewind Curious
Member # 1397

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TeenWolf   Author's Homepage   Email TeenWolf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know if any of you have seen this classic, but it holds up well against the original Karate Kid. It probably wins the battle of absurdity, but loses in overall plot development. The European DVD of NRNS is ridiculous!
Posts: 7 | From: Fort Wayne, Indiana | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`ve seen No retreat No surrender, yeah is kind of Kkid plot, but the fight scenes are much better,of course the history is weak,but it was good to have some fun, dont forget that was the debut of VanDamme in movies
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the movie is so funny because its so retarded...the story in kk is much better, but the fight scene with van damme at the end was very well done, by far the best part of the movie
Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KK is something high school kids that get bullied can warm up to. The moral of the story, get beat up learn karate kick mean kids butt. NRNS was also entertaining, but KK is a classic.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TeenWolf
Rewind Curious
Member # 1397

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TeenWolf   Author's Homepage   Email TeenWolf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone in here seen Gymkata as well? It is another ridiculous karate movie. I love KK, but I need a little craziness in karate movies as well.
Posts: 7 | From: Fort Wayne, Indiana | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on Gimkata is a cool movie, at least is not as ridicolous as KKid 4
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KK4 doesn't exist in my mind:)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TeenWolf
Rewind Curious
Member # 1397

Member Rated:
Silverardo, you're probably right, but that scene with the convientantly placed concrete pommel horse where he battles 30 villagers is straight up crazy
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
What about the scene when he is chased and he hangs of the metal tube and begins to spin and hits the two villians....another crazy one uh
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the black kid in NRNS is halarious, i like when they go to the other karate dojo and he tells the main guy (i forget his name) to run away when he gets his butt kicked sparring, then the whole school laughs at them..lol
Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John19
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 272

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for John19   Email John19   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NRNS was a decent enough film but the acting was just so cheesy! the final fight scenes were sheer class though
Posts: 23 | From: london | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Howard
Rewind Curious
Member # 1448

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Scott Howard   Email Scott Howard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey teen wolf, where you from?

give me an f'in break. yes, i love kk. yes, i love teen wolf. im sure your stupid garps movies (nrns and gymkata) are not without their charm but how dare you even put them in the same sentence as kk. you will notice that i didnt. there is a period between the sentences that mention kk and tw and those that mention the other tripe. a period is a punctuation mark used to separate sentences. please remember this in the future. the future?

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
lol...i think we all can agree kk is a better film..its pretty obvious we all like it cause we post on a forum dedicated to kk.

but there's no harm in mentioning other films somewhat related [Karate Kid]

TeenWolf
Rewind Curious
Member # 1397

Member Rated:
forgive my friend scott, he's as clumsy as he is stupid, however, he was educated, at a fantastic school of mockery only known because it is the home of **** 's sporting. goods as well. and because they know about periods...but not about capitalization or subject-verb agreement, you better strap a stove cover to your chest because I am the master of disaster and the king of sting and you are not drago
Scott Howard
Rewind Curious
Member # 1448

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Scott Howard   Email Scott Howard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tw-

please dont speak for me. while youre at it, why dont you change your handle. i wont have you blasphemin in my house.

heres a little gem from a lesser known macchio movie, but its pretty relevant:

go ahead, cut me. you aint the first bitch done cut me...you aint the first bitch i done whoop her *** neitha.

also, not from a macchio flick, but poignant:

supreme court? you're not the supreme court of anything...except hell.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karate babe
Master Rewinder
Member # 879

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karate babe   Email karate babe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karate kid is far better than nrns as nrns dusnt realy have a plot but van dam was brilliant in it thow.
what was that quote from scott howard?
please tell me as i am intrigued *_*

Posts: 247 | From: london,uk | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home