iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Post-KK3 scenes...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Post-KK3 scenes...
Venice
Master Rewinder
Member # 555

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Venice   Email Venice   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got some interesting takes I made up on what probably happened to the characters after KK3...Lucille, who's doing data entry, is suffering from sexism & harrassment in her job along with the other women she works with, so she takes computer classes to upgrade her skills & accepts a much better-paying job in New York programming computers. So...here's a take I have the night before Lucille leaves for New York:

MIYAGI:
I wished Lucille-san well as we sat in my living room after eating. The radio played softly in the background, something like jazz & rock & very American. Lucille was leaving for her new job in New York tomorrow & Daniel-san & I had made dinner to wish her goodbye & good luck. Daniel-san now lived in a nearby apartment with two roommates & had one more year of college to go. What a dear pair they were. I knew Daniel-san was going to miss his mother very much. We sat & talked & one song seemed to move them both & they held hands, looking at each other. I smiled softly seeing how much alike their eyes were. As the song, which was about putting one spirit to the test, progressed, both Daniel & Lucille feel silent & I could hear their hearts beating fast. Tears welled in both of their eyes & spilled down their faces, their mouths drooping identically. I put a hand on each of their shoulders as they wept harder. I don't really know how long they cried, but I knew they'd been through a lot, so they needed to cry. Their sobs then slowly dissolved into sniffles & I handed them tissues. They wiped their eyes, both of them swallowing simultaneously as their crying slowed.
"I'm going to miss you so much, Mom..." Daniel's voice came out in a barely audible whisper.
"You too, my darling son," Lucille breathed back in an almost soundless mime.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

A YEAR LATER:
In three weeks, my dear Daniel-san would be graduating from college. His mother was flying in the week before to attend. Daniel told me how happy he was to be finally finishing college as we walked along the beach, but I sensed he had more on his mind, since he'd seemed a bit subdued recently.
"...God, I can't believe I'll have a DEGREE," Daniel-san chattered on in that lively, sweet voice. "Mom's so much happier now, Mr. Miyagi & she sounds so much better. I hated seeing her suffer so much last year, you know; it kind of...twisted me inside, I guess my heart to see Mom so scared & stressed from all the crap that went on at her job here. And they're paying her better & the women are treated fairly...oh, I can't wait to see her; I still miss her so much...so much..." Daniel's voice trailed off some as he gazed out over the ocean.
"I look forward to seeing her too," I smiled over at Daniel. Oh, he was the grandchild I'd always wished I'd had, but had never gotten. "I am relieved to hear her sounding better too." Daniel skipped a little, kicking his feet out in a forward chop, but his eyes had a faraway look & he then become quiet. So quiet & thoughtful. But then his face became sad, his easily readable face seemed to droop & his large brown eyes looked lost. He took several deep breaths, as if he were holding something in.
"Seeing Mom again sure will remind me of earlier times..." Daniel's voice seemed to catch.
"Daniel-san..." I gently put a hand on his shoulder. "What is it?" Daniel tried to hold back his tears, but couldn't. They spilled down his tender face & he buried his face into my chest & cried & cried. I stroked his soft, wavy dark hair. "You can tell me..." I soothed as he struggled to catch his breath & wiped at his eyes.
"Promise...y-you..." He heaved a deep sob. "This is g-gonna...you might not want this, b-but..."
"You can tell me anything," I told him gently. "Even bad news. So, what is it? Too many flies to catch?" That won a small smile out of Daniel-san.
"N-no...I wish..." he wiped his eyes. "I want...I'm homesick, Mr. Miyagi! Again! I want to go back East."
"Back to...?"
"I'm so sorry, Mr. Miyagi," Fresh tears streaked down Daniel's face. "I thought I'd gotten used to it out here...dry, warm air & all...I still like it here even, b-but I want to move back to N-Newark!" Daniel burst into fresh tears & I held him close.

Just some interesting fanfiction I had in mind; I like to think up interesting plots for movie & book characters after the book or movie is over & what happens to them afterward. Hey, let me know what you all think!

Posts: 182 | Registered: Feb 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VERY good Venice... write some more :))
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  | Report this post to a Moderator
Venice
Master Rewinder
Member # 555

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Venice   Email Venice   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you like it! I'll be adding more soon! I always felt the second two movies really didn't do justice to Lucy's character, so in my stories, I add a lot more on her.
Posts: 182 | Registered: Feb 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
karatekid
Rewind Curious
Member # 881

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for karatekid   Email karatekid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first movie didn't do justice to her character!

Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Venice
Master Rewinder
Member # 555

Member Rated:
Right on! It sure didn't!
Venice
Master Rewinder
Member # 555

Member Rated:
I suspect Daniel & Mai, who are now 32, are going to have their first kid any day now.
Venice
Master Rewinder
Member # 555

Member Rated:
Well, they did it. Daniel & Mai Ling(a character I invented) have finally tied the knot! They got married in upstate New York. Daniel had to fight back tears as they said the vows & Lucille's tears spilled over as the proud mom of the groom. They had the wedding at a rustic inn in upstate New York & not only Lucille was there, but so was Mai's mom & Mr. Miyagi. And sooo, for the next two weeks, Dan & Mai are staying at the inn for a romantic two weeks before heading back to Newark. And poor Lucille woke up with a cold the morning after the wedding, so Dan & Mai urged her to stay a few more days & rest before heading back to NYC where she now lives. Mai is entering her ninth month of pregnancy with their first kid. It's due in mid-August.
Venice
Master Rewinder
Member # 555

Member Rated:
Anybody else got any ideas for post-KK scenes? Let me know what you all think of mine; I'm writing it into a book & maybe I'll send it to the movie's producers or something or at least have it published. It'd be fun.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home