iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Ralph Macchio and the 88 article

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ralph Macchio and the 88 article
paul
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for those of you who read the article on Ralph Macchio i was wondering what you thought of it.
its on an unofficial Ralph Macchio page (ill look up the address)

to me he seems a litle cocky and complacent as though he didnt expect his carear to collapse like it did.

if ya havent seen it, it doesnt matter

| Site Updates:  | Report this post to a Moderator
D arren
unregistered

its interesting about the stuff about his agent and the affair about her saying he should show her love and affection at all times. Bizarre!
yeah interesting stuff in it, he didnt want to do kk3 either did he? but from the ear, he did get a large sum for doing it so i hear. <(nice peotry)
it also said he was bullied at school and wasnt popular, im not suprised, i bet he looked about 8 when he was 16.
anyway anyone else know anything

| Site Updates:  | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone got a link to this..?
Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
thischoolsucks
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1178

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thischoolsucks   Email thischoolsucks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link to that article for whoever wants to read it

http://ralphmacchiocurrentnews.homestead.com/1988UsWeeklyArticle.html

Posts: 84 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He just seems shy. I found a good interview with him many years after the KK years when he was doing "How to Succeed" on stage. I think it was about 1996 and he seemed really grateful for the experience. The one part I really remember is him talking about seeing KK in the theater and how "everyone was standing and cheering for me at the end in the theater". And how all the years later he had accepted his limited career and was just thankful for what success he did have.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
yazdanid
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1223

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for yazdanid   Email yazdanid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very interesting article...may show why he hasn't gone on to bigger and better things. He is just a low key guy, quite happy to play minor roles and avoid the circus that is hollywood
Posts: 59 | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
paul
unregistered

There are 3 or 4 good interviews with Ralph on the official Ralph Macchio Homepage (the one that is never updated) McFly - i remember reading that thing about him in the theatre too. He also talks about the failure of kk3 and how he disliked doing it. i have to say in all the articals he comes across as a bloody good fellow.
ive read a few Pat Morita ones too..appaently Mr Miyagi is based on Pat's dad.

| Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
dIo
unregistered

what is this article i wanna read it!!!!!!!!
How is it?

BigL
Rewind Curious
Member # 67

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BigL   Email BigL   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, what I got out of that article is that Ralph didnt try really hard to make it big time. Maybe he wasnt interested or he did get complacent and expected things to fall in his lap.... He did say taht he would not go to auditions because the Mets were on and he still became a star of KK so he probably thought it was easy....

He is a great guy though. He would never do a nude scene in a movie. You have to respect that.

Where in the article did it say he was bullied? i dont remember reading that.

Posts: 8 | From: New York City | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
D arren
unregistered

he was bullied actually so there!!! go and get some glasss you blind person

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home