iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » The Law and the Cobra Cai

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Law and the Cobra Cai
willy
Rewind Curious
Member # 1216

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for willy   Email willy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the Cobra Cai were real, do you think the police would have considered them a gang? I truly believe that the police should have been informed after Daniel was assaulted on his way home from the restaurant. I believe that assault and battery charges would have forced the Cobra Cai to finsh senior year in an alternative school. Dutch would have done time since he had to be 18. Daniel should have taken advantage of his legal rights. Plus, the Cobra Cai were wealthy....he could buy all the karate lessons he wanted after a nice civil suit.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if Dutch was 18 or over he wouldnt have been able to compete in the all valley tournament since you had to be under 18 to enter

yeah, daniel probably should have called the cops
"1 to 1 problem ok..5 to 1 problem, too much ask anyone"

Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the only problem I've ever had with the film. Continuous assualts would've lead to arrests in my opinion. The point it would've happened in real life is when Daniel says "I gotta take karate!". Unprovoked attacks shouldn't mean you need to defend yourself. Especially as Miyagi says, "Five to one problem too much ask anyone".

The beach fight was just a normal altercation. The soccer thing was short. But running someone off the road to crash down a hill would merit action. Hosing Johnny in the bathroom....well, Daniel kind of asked for that. But they were beating him nearly to death. If Johnny is able to go thru with that running kick, who knows what would've happened.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home