iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » New Karate Kid Movie Idea

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Karate Kid Movie Idea
Karate Forever
Senior Rewinder
Member # 291

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Karate Forever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an idea for a new Karate Kid movie. Ralph Macchio and Bill Zabka reprise their original roles. They are now adults with their own kids that are about their ages in the original KK. Their kids are in the same high school and are just like they were, with Zabka's son the bully and Macchio's son the bullied. They even look similar physically. Zabka is training his son to use karate to push people around, while Macchio trains his son to use karate to defend himself. After a series of confrontations, the kids finally face each other in a tournament and in the ultimate climax, Macchio and Zabka face each other in the same tourament in a re-match after 20 years. Wouldn't that be cool?
Posts: 53 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it, but Ralph and William have both plumped up a bit, it would probably have to be more of a sumo match. interesting concept. How about this for a twist: The kids are a little younger,(say 15) and friends. They get in trouble in school pulling some dumb prank, or something. They get sent to a "boot camp" style reform camp. And the drill instructor: MIKE BARNES. Needless to say, he is still a little pissed at Daniel-San, and tries to take it out on Danny JR. He takes him and Little Johnny up to a cabin in the woods for "special training" where he can beat the crap out of them. Johnny escapes while Barnes is torturing Danny and makes it home, where he tells his father, who calls Daniel, who is now a lawyer, and trying to get Mr. Miyagi's long-lost son (who knew??) immigrated.

Daniel, Miyagi, and Johnny make their way up to the cabin, where they take on the boot camp instructors (you could make them all ex-Cobra Kai), culminating in Daniel kicking Barnes' ass again.

Now THAT'S a movie I would see.

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Midnight
Rewinder
Member # 366

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Midnight   Email Midnight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, these are some great ideas guys!:) I especially like your idea noblprz.

Midnight

Posts: 35 | From: corvallis, 0r | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Torrance
Rewind Curious
Member # 245

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jack Torrance   Email Jack Torrance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have an idea for a new Karate Kid movie. Ralph Macchio and Bill Zabka reprise their original roles. They are now adults with their own kids that are about their ages in the original KK. Their kids are in the same high school and are just like they were, with Zabka's son the bully and Macchio's son the bullied. They even look similar physically. Zabka is training his son to use karate to push people around, while Macchio trains his son to use karate to defend himself. After a series of confrontations, the kids finally face each other in a tournament and in the ultimate climax, Macchio and Zabka face each other in the same tourament in a re-match after 20 years. Wouldn't that be cool?

Yeah it is a great idea aside from the fact that it`s identical to the original and the most cliched idea I`ve ever heard. I wonder how long you spent coming up with it? 15 seconds? I bet you were all proud too. Terrible fucking idea. It`s definitely the most unoriginal idea I`ve heard since...........
well ever. You forgot to mention their names which I`m guessing were Daniel Jr and Johnny Jr. Oh and there also just happens to be a pretty girl character who turns out to be Julie`s daughter, Julie Jr and Daniel Jr falls for her. She`s also Johnny Jr`s ex girlfriend.

Now here`s the twist....

After Daniel Jr sleeps with Julie Jr it turns out that Daniel Sr and Julie Sr were married (by conveniently ordained Rev. Miyagi)and had twins, a boy and a girl. Now we all know who the kids are.

Karate Kid V: Bad Incest.

Now there`s a fucking twist.

Posts: 1 | From: Overlook Hotel, Colorado | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for celticbabe   Email celticbabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My idea..besides Johnny and Daniel having children...oh, and all of them screwing eachother, would be that Daniel, in his older age and with his extra weight, comes across a boy who was just like him being bullied, and Daniel decides to TEACH HIM KARATE as Miyagi taught him- then we can see Daniel come up with all kinds of groovy learning techniques that rival wax on wax off and paint the fence.
Also, Sensei Daniel has to face his weight problem and ends up losing 60 pounds before his student has to fight in some competition.
This way, both student and Sensei are enriched by eachother.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikey
Rewind Curious
Member # 368

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mikey   Email Mikey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about this. Daniel is lured back into fighting after 20 years by entering into a "Blood Sport" underground fighting match - with no rules and a fight to the death. Each of his opponents is an 80's teen idol. He fights Scott Baio, Willie Aames, Kirk Cameron, Billy Zabka, and some others. Each match varies in difficulty, but Macchio ultimately defeats each one by gruesome methods like snapping their necks or choking them.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TONIGHT ON 80's QUASI-CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH:

Erik Estrada
vs.
"Time to Make the Doughnuts Guy"

Ted Danson
vs.
His Toupee

Kelly Preston
vs.
Michelle Meyrink

and the main event..........

Ralph "Don't call me Daniel-san" Macchio
vs.
Curtis "Stop calling me Booger" Armstrong

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Koeago
Rewinder
Member # 308

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Koeago   Email Koeago   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sound's more like a video game to me!!
Actually,a KK beat em up for the PS2 would be a great idea!

Posts: 34 | From: Dublin,Ireland | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Koeago
Rewinder
Member # 308

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Koeago   Email Koeago   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry,forgot to say that the above post is in reply to Mickey's post
Posts: 34 | From: Dublin,Ireland | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
PWOKristy
Master Rewinder
Member # 420

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for PWOKristy   Email PWOKristy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, heh, I have an Idea (Karate Kevin.). Hilary Swank Re-prises her Role!
Posts: 124 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home