iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » "FEEL THE NIGHT" - MOVIE VERSION

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "FEEL THE NIGHT" - MOVIE VERSION
A Night
Rewind Curious
Member # 22

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for A Night   Email A Night   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have this song? It has the female vocals in it. PLease Email me if you do.
anightmareinside@hotmail.com

Posts: 10 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
J_Muir
Senior Rewinder
Member # 243

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J_Muir   Email J_Muir   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am just as puzzled as you are!!!
I cant find it anywhere on Kazaa!!...the version i have is awesome but I really would like the one from the movie.

Posts: 55 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a lot of songs are made 'just for the movie', so i doubt this version will surface at all. A lot of groups modify verses etc, to make them more relevant to the movie.. (as I noticed when I listened to Three Doors Down - Be Like That from American Pie 2)

I think its one of those very unfortunate things that happens.. a shame

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
A Night
Rewind Curious
Member # 22

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for A Night   Email A Night   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh man! whatta bummer!
Posts: 10 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
A Night
Rewind Curious
Member # 22

Rate Member
One more thing. Is this version of the song on the soundtrack? cause if it is I can try and get a copy of the CD.
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, its just Baxter Robertson on his own.

I keep meaning to buy the CD. I saw it for £8 in HMV the other day.. heh

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
dlo
Senior Rewinder
Member # 726

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for dlo   Email dlo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have feel the night movie version by(Bill Conti/Baxter Robertson)it's on the KK1 soundtrack it's a good song to.
Posts: 93 | From: Liverpool, United Kingdom | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
A Night
Rewind Curious
Member # 22

Rate Member
Does the song have the female vocals in it?
like the movie? I have a copy of the song but its without the female vocals. Its good, but I would still like the movie version.

dlo
Senior Rewinder
Member # 726

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for dlo   Email dlo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Night after listening to it again and again i carn't hear any female vocals sorry.
But i carn't remember any female vocals in the movie version have to check that out again.

Posts: 93 | From: Liverpool, United Kingdom | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
YoungHeartsBeatFast
Rewind Curious
Member # 574

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for YoungHeartsBeatFast   Email YoungHeartsBeatFast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the Karate Kid soundtrack. Feel the Night is the 8th track on the disc, but it does not have the female vocals. This is unfortunate beause the song needs them desperately. The version in the film is soooo much better and also unfortunately, that version does not exist. I think it was overdubbed for the movie.
Posts: 4 | From: OH | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
A Night
Rewind Curious
Member # 22

Rate Member
Yeah, The movie version of the song IS great. Too bad it was for the movie only.
pyrolee
Rewind Curious
Member # 5854

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for pyrolee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damn any information on getting the movie version of this song? it's a lot better than baxter's version imo email me at michaelfauson@hotmail.com if you have any information
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Along with "The Ride" by matches... Its probably lying on a dusty shelf containing forgotten studio master tapes somewhere...

In some ways, Varese really messed up with the S.E. soundtrack release... If they'd just read these forums they could have found this stuff and put it on the CD's... [Frown]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you listen to the version on the film, that is actualy the whole thing and not just a section of the song. Unlike- say- 'Cruel Summer' , 'Feel the Night' was written specifically for that montage sequence and so is timed to that length precisely. I would imagine that when they released the soundtrack this was too short to be included (I think it's only about 1min long) and so a second full lenth version was recorded but why this was done without the female vocals I don't know.

My guess is that when Varese released the new soundtrack CDs they didn't feel that this track fitted (every other track is orchestral score) so they included the demo version which is less 'poppy'.

I think that's most likely but I guess there could have been the usual copyright problems. Who knows? Anyhow if you want the track the best you could do is just to record it off your DVD. That's the whole thing right there and it wouldn't exist in any extended version.

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...By the way - have you tried contacting Varese Nick? As webmaster of the best (if not the only) Karate Kid and 80s movie site on the web they ought to listen to you!
Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did think about it Giga, but I'm so busy with the new site version that I just don't have the time to get into it with them...

But... if they'd written to me then I might have had to find the time... [Wink]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home