iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » William Zabka in "Back To School" with Rodnet Dangerfield!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: William Zabka in "Back To School" with Rodnet Dangerfield!!
J_Muir
Senior Rewinder
Member # 243

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J_Muir   Email J_Muir   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else notice William Zabka (a.k.a Johnny from Karate Kid) in the movie Back To School with Rodney Dangerfield make a cameo appearance??. I watched it the other day and noticed he was in it. It's the scene where all the students are picking their classes and Zabka wants to cut in line.Just thought i'd point that out.
Posts: 55 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about that scene? Was it your favorite with him in it?
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
William's part in "Back To School" was a more than a mere cameo. He has a big part in the film. He plays his normal blonde bad boy self that he made famous in most of the 80s films he was in. His name in "Back To School" was Chaz Osbourne. Doesn't it just sound snooty? No other young actor of the 80s could ever nail the rich kid/jock/snooty type better than Zabka himself! :)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with you!!
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, always made me wonder what he did, if anything, that ended his great run. I mean the guy gets KK, European Vacation, Just One of the Guys, and Back to School, then disappears.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zabka hasn't exactly "disappeared". He has appeared in films and TV shows in the 90's and even up to today, though most of you probably never heard of 'em. I know that I haven't seen them.

He also had a role in the CBS-TV series "The Equalizer", from 1986-1989.

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Zabka,+William

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a fan of the Equalizer. I have seen a few of Zabkas recent films. He'll always be type cast, but he just does it so well! :)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Slater
Senior Rewinder
Member # 502

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Slater   Email Slater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I loved the Equaliser, Edward Woodward was great, though in the later series he was well past it and the drums at the beginning of the theme music were very exciting.

However Zabka character was terrible. He played this really whiney cello playing music student. He was always giving Woodward grief for not being around when he was a kid. The fact his dad was out protecting the western world from communism doesn't seem to cut any ice with the ungrateful brat.

Posts: 82 | Registered: Dec 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
karate babe
Master Rewinder
Member # 879

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karate babe   Email karate babe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i used to really like equaliser as a child but now when i try to watcht he reruns it aint the same! *_*
Posts: 247 | From: london,uk | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Cobra
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5004

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lady Cobra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree. I think the Scott McCall chara in EQ was pretty effective. Sure he was an angsty biyatch but he was there to give Robert McCall that human edge. He just can't be British super spy 24/7. And in the last 2 eps out of the 12 Billy was in, Scott was starting to come into his own as the son of the Equalizer- and looked HOT to boot! Unfortunately the network decided to screw it over and pulled the plug in August of '89. I think it's a shame that no one seems to remember him in that role.
Posts: 13 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home