iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » was ralph asked to do kk4 ? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: was ralph asked to do kk4 ?
ea29
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 744

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ea29   Email ea29   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good points, but i still disagree. Police Academy movies were so dumb and funny that they could make pointless sequels...I dont care how much money you want to make, you shouldnt disgrace the Karate Kid name like that. KK4 does not exist..it never happened
Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Slater
Senior Rewinder
Member # 502

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Slater   Email Slater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Another point I forgot to mention is that KK4 was hardly the first time the producers were trying to make a cash in. They were doing it on the very first KK film.

They held back footage which was originally meant to go in KK1 because they thought "Hey we can get another film out of this".

They hadn't even finished making the first film and already people were thinking about how they could make more money!!

Posts: 82 | Registered: Dec 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
dlo
Senior Rewinder
Member # 726

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for dlo   Email dlo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i wanted to see what all the fuss is about KK4 so since i couldn't find any were that rents it, i bought from a second hand video shop for £3. This movie sucks i couldn't belive it sucked so much. It was so boring and the storyline was lame. i mean cmon the monks and the hawk. The only good thing was Mr Miyagi he was funny in it the rest of the cast were poor actors(maybe Hilary swank was ok and Michael Ironside, but Eric and the Alpha Link guys or whatever there called were really bad. This movie to me does not class as a KK movie and never will, this movie never happened.

p.s Do you think i will be able to sell this video and at least make half my money back...lol

Posts: 93 | From: Liverpool, United Kingdom | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
karate babe
Master Rewinder
Member # 879

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karate babe   Email karate babe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont think they should have tried making kk4 a part of the karate kid series. it spoilt it. they should have left it as a trillogy,,...good job they didnt try puttin it in the boxset! *_*
Posts: 247 | From: london,uk | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
PWOKristy
Master Rewinder
Member # 420

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for PWOKristy   Email PWOKristy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Slater: Hello,

Nice to meet a fellow Fan, too!

And "The Karate Kid II" IS worse than "The Next Karate Kid"!

Anyways, you have the "The Next Karate Kid" Soundtrack?
Awesome!
Does the "I Think I'm in Trouble" Song have Lyrics to it?

Thank you very much, ahead of time, for your Reply to me!

To This School Sucks: Hilary Swank does NOT "look like a buck-toothed female prison guard", you idiot.
You're just mental, like the rest of those friggin' shit-eaters.

To She Got Game: What the fuck ever, you air-head.

And get a life, too.

To Celtic Babe: Fuck you, you loser.

And you're goin' to Hell. Jerks, like you, do go there.

To Ea 29: Fuck your total bullshit, you worthless faggot!

I do not say "shitty" things, you ugly-assed shit-eater. You, however, are a disease-infected dog-fucker.

You are one of the idiotic mother-fuckers I've ever met.
Obviously, no mental institution would accomodate an disease-riddled piece of shit, like you.

Oh, and the "The Next Karate Kid" Movie did TOO actually happen, you immature, damned, useless brat!

To Noblprz: Fuck your total bullshit, you shitty-eyed dunce!

Go back to whatever crappy mental institution ya came out of.

You only further prove your own lack of serious maturity, due to your babyish, shitty-eyed copycatting.

Oh, and Shit-eater, you can't possible "fire" me, you un-educated fuck-up.
Boy, you daydream alot of crap in your little make-believe world, you crappy retard.

To Koeago: Fuck off, Jerk.

I don't engage them, they engage me FIRST. DUH, you idiot.

And I am too welcome. You're just FUCKED-UP, like they are.

Posts: 124 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SHEEEEEEEEEEE'S
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

wow, like 3 days without the airhead to pick on, I was almost getting bored. Good to know the time off has matured her.

I guess she must have been off sucking cock for crack and KK4 videos.

We missed you Kristy.

She's like herpes, fuck with her once, and you can't get rid of her.

From the mountain,

--Prez. Prize

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
darren
Senior Rewinder
Member # 709

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for darren   Email darren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to pwo kristy,im hurt i dint get a mention,and yes like any normal person i think the next kk sucked,have you even seen the 3 kk's ?
Posts: 59 | From: norwich norfolk uk | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
PWOKristy
Master Rewinder
Member # 420

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for PWOKristy   Email PWOKristy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darren, there's somethin' wrong with YOU, since you want me to mention you.
That and you're immature (For sayin' that. Duh.).

And of course, actually normal people don't think that "The Next Karate Kid". When somethin' as SHITTY as "Karate Kid II" was FAR worse.

And yes, I have seen the other 3 "Karate Kid" Movies, too.

Noblprz, all that'll ever come outta your mouth is bullshit.

you're not only a fuck-up, but, you're a self-absorbed mental-retard, too.

And get an actual life, you disease-riddled ass.

Posts: 124 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
ea29
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 744

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ea29   Email ea29   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't talk to president Prize like that Kristy...

Honestly Kristy, it would be priceless to meet you. You could be the dumbest (im gonna go on a limb and say ugliest too) bitch on this planet. You havnt seen any of the other KK movies..all you have talked about on this board is KK4 (which doesnt count)...you are probably a buck toothed whore like the character Hillary Swank played.
Alright, now to my point. You can never respond to the questions people ask you. Remember when I you said "KK4 is part of the TRILOGY DUH!"...have you realized how fuckin stupid you sounded? Instead you come back with more duh's, more lame insults like 'disease infected' --what is that? You are a slut..a crack smoking dirty little slut. I am going to buy every copy of KK4 and burn them in front of your trailer home.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in the title, they dont even mention "part4"
so its not really i sequel i guess..but we all know it as part four,
i havnt seen it in years, but one thing that sticks out in my mind is when she is being trained like daniel waxing the cars..she is doing it in the wrong direction..am i the only one that noticed this??

Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
News Flash--

Actual picture of Kristy has been located. Just past this link into your browser and enjoy!

http://www.bobkrist.com/pages/portfolio/people/karategirllg.html

Always for the people,

President Prize

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
darren
Senior Rewinder
Member # 709

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for darren   Email darren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kirsty,you nkow people without mates pick fights just to get attention,you prob havent seen any of the kk films you prom just come on here for some people to talk to,sad bitch
Posts: 59 | From: norwich norfolk uk | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
paul
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok ok ok!
im a kk fan and i thought id checl out this board.
To me u all sound like a bunch of retarded boneheads! lol i love that word.
Why dont u all piss off and for those who like the 4 lovely kk movies to discuss all 4 with eachother...ok?
and lol i have to laugh at that ea89 ... i bet u come on here all the time coz u aint got no life. awwww poor little retard.
so ive shut u all up now! thank god.
Kristy - i have to say u sound like a perfectly normal lady and if u like kk4 thats great! however i personally am not keen but everyones to their own taste i guess. :)

| Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
darren
Senior Rewinder
Member # 709

Rate Member
bonehead,hu hu i love that word hu hu,who the hell are you freak

BigL
Rewind Curious
Member # 67

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BigL   Email BigL   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, KK4 was supposed to have Ralph Macchio in it. But after KK3 was such a huge failure in the box office and the movie was not very good they knew a KK4 would go nowhere and they totally scrapped the Macchio thing and decided to go with the girl to change things up, which didnt fare any better....

The KK3 was so bad that it ruined Ralph Macchio's acting career. THe only movie he made after that was My Cousin Vinny.. now he does on stage plays and things like that.

If they would have just left the KK1 alone and did no triologies Ralph Macchio would probably be a star today...

What a shame.

Posts: 8 | From: New York City | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
PWOKristy
Master Rewinder
Member # 420

Member Rated:
To Big L.: Really??
Wow (IF it's true, of course!).

To Paul: I hear ya!
Totally right, especially about Ea 29!

Thank you, for bein' happy that I like "The Next Karate Kid", too!

To Darren: Screw you, you dunce.

And screw your horseshit, too, you dolt.

So, you're a mother-and-father-fucker.

And you have no actual life, too, you brain-dead fuck-up.

To Noblprz: Screw you, you knuckle-head.

And screw your horseshit, too, you anus.

Oh, and scum-suckers, like you, are NEVER Special people, either.

To Ea 29: Screw you, you dolt.

And screw your horseshit, too, you idiot.

Total crap raises total crap, which is what YOU WILL raise.

You have no purpose on this Planet other than to be one of those OTHER useless shit-heads, too.

soph_82
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1125

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for soph_82   Email soph_82   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is amazing-I came on here thinking it might actually be about the Karate Kid films(that's 1,2 and 3)but it turns out some strange kid who doesn't seem to like anyone...at all...has come on to be ripped apart for her childish, ignorant comments. Why bother?
Posts: 15 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
darren
Senior Rewinder
Member # 709

Rate Member
Ralph did make other films after mcv but they done just as bad,i think he has been so unlucky as an actor,all actors make the odd bad film,i think kk3 was a good movie.I wonder what the story was gonna be for the forth kk ?do you know big l ???.

ps lol Pwo kirsty lol,,who are you trying to be the karate kid Simon cowel lol

darren
Senior Rewinder
Member # 709

Rate Member
the guy of pop idol ????
yazdanid
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1223

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for yazdanid   Email yazdanid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow..the moderator has gone awol again...hence this mad abuse...this site hasn't been updated for months. Nick where are you?

following slaters point about KK4 being a money -making exercise the whole KK trilogy may be considered a cheap rip-off which incorporates the successful Rocky formula but tweaked for a teen audience...same marginalised character uses fighting to improve his life (Balboa in order to break out of poverty, La Russo to make friends and stop getting beat up)they both have a love interest who is key in their rise to the top, stereotypical bad guys (well it was the late 70's/80's), a older father figure who teaches the youngster all the tricks (Mickey/Miyagi) with everything boiling down to a final showdown and victory...need i mention Alvidsen producing both movies...i think the evidence speaks for itself.

On some money making expeditions you strike gold (KK1)on others you dredge up piles of wowrthless crap (Next KK)

Posts: 59 | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
PWOKristy
Master Rewinder
Member # 420

Member Rated:
To Darren: Nothing "funny", about this.

And I'm not trying to be any one but me. Duh.

To Soph 82: The "The Next Karate Kid" IS a part of the Movies! DUH.

And I am not "being ripped apart for her childish ignorant comments", you immature jerk. Although, you're a little friggin' loser.

BigL
Rewind Curious
Member # 67

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BigL   Email BigL   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now Im not sure anymore. I remember reading an old interview with Ralph Macchio a few years ago and the article did state that KK4 was supposed to have Macchio in it but after the huge failure that kk3 turned out to be they scrapped the whole idea and went in another direction...

Now i just read the 1988 magazine article on the unofficial Ralph Macchio home page and in that article Macchio states that he signed a deal to do 3 KK movies and he never wanted to do part 3 and was not excited about doing it.

So maybe there was no deal to have Macchio in part 4. WHO KNows.....

The KK3 did basically ruin Macchio's career. He never landed a big part ever again.... My cousin Vinny was more of Joe Pesci's film...

Posts: 8 | From: New York City | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
soph_82
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1125

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for soph_82   Email soph_82   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course you're being ripped apart-by wittier people who are tired of the pathetic crap you're repeatedly posting on this site. As I can already imagine the abuse I'll get when you read this, I can tell you now that I won't waste my time replying. I just hope you either find something interesting to say or stop coming on the site.
Posts: 15 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Venice
Master Rewinder
Member # 555

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Venice   Email Venice   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ralph may have gotten sick of acting and moved onto others things. Many teen actors do.
Posts: 182 | Registered: Feb 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he was hardly a teen though..he was like 28 in KK3..im sure if someone offered him the right amount of cash he would act for sure..its not like he can ruin his acting career much more..
Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home