iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » was ralph asked to do kk4 ? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: was ralph asked to do kk4 ?
darren
Senior Rewinder
Member # 709

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for darren   Email darren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does ralph still act ? if so what has he been in ? also was he asked to do kk4 ?or did they just go ahead with the next kk ?
Posts: 59 | From: norwich norfolk uk | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
loaded
Rewinder
Member # 924

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for loaded   Author's Homepage   Email loaded   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/3036/macchio.html

well karate kid 4 wasnt directed by john g avildsen (part1,2 and 3) and also probly felt that they couldnt go much furthur with daniels character (which i kinda agree), they did something different,
2 words IT SUCKED

Posts: 46 | From: australia | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
dlo
Senior Rewinder
Member # 726

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for dlo   Email dlo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not seen The next karate kid yet cos everyone tells me it sucks. So my question is i know Daniel is not in it but is it explained what happened to him or is he mentioned by miyagi or something like that?
Posts: 93 | From: Liverpool, United Kingdom | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Koeago
Rewinder
Member # 308

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Koeago   Email Koeago   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly,no.The only mention we get of Danny in KK4 is in a scene where Miyagi accidently walks into the bedroom his new female student when she's undressing.She says "GET OUT!Does anyone knock.. etc." and then Miyagi replies, saying that when his old friend, Daniel, was around,he did'nt have to worry about that kind of thing.
Posts: 34 | From: Dublin,Ireland | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
yazdanid
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1223

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for yazdanid   Email yazdanid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kk4 is an abomination of a film...theres's virtually no link between kk3 and kk4 and it is quite clear they were scraping the last pennies from the bottom of the barrel in order to continue the franchise after Macchio and Avildsen bailed...it is obvious that the relationship between Daniel and Miyagi is central to the trilogy and it falls flat with a substitute..the ending is awful as well...what a disappointing film.
Posts: 59 | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
dlo
Senior Rewinder
Member # 726

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for dlo   Email dlo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sucks you would of thought there would have been some kind of mention of Daniel or what happened to him, i mean it's suppose to be the 4th KK especially after the huge success of the triolgy. I guess it's safe to say people will not class KK4 has the 4th film. So is it worth watching or does it spoil the brilliant other 3 films.
Posts: 93 | From: Liverpool, United Kingdom | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
PWOKristy
Master Rewinder
Member # 420

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for PWOKristy   Email PWOKristy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know whether or not Ralph was, at least, Offered a Part or not. Sorry. BUT, from what I've heard " "Pat" was "desperate", and Ralph wasn't.".

Oh, AND the "The Next Karate Kid" IS a PART of the Trilogy.

Posts: 124 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Koeago
Rewinder
Member # 308

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Koeago   Email Koeago   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's impossible for KK4 to be "a part of the trilogy" because a trilogy can only consist of three movies.DUH! Sheesh!
Posts: 34 | From: Dublin,Ireland | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
ea29
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 744

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ea29   Email ea29   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Koeago... Kristy still seems to keep digging herself this crater...

'what the fuck ever' Krist you 'drug induced' 'dumb earred' 'loser'!!! SHEESH

p.s. next karate kid sucks and does not count..it did not happen. IT DID NOT HAPPEN

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*frowns* I did not enjoy part 4 either, what were they thinking!? Sheesh!
Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for celticbabe   Email celticbabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part 4 sucked!

Duh! Stupids!

Sheesh. :)

Posts: 125 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
PWOKristy
Master Rewinder
Member # 420

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for PWOKristy   Email PWOKristy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Celtic Babe: Forget you, you loser.

Due to your lack of actual intelligence, you're obviously a childish, immature brat, too, you jerk. Speakin' of which: You're obviously, not even worthy of an actually intelligent conversation.

Oh, and only to close-minded idiots, like yourself did it "suck", you air-head.

To Knock out Boy: If you still wanna be my friend, Jerk, then, I'd stop, NOW.

Don't be a FRIGGIN'... jerk.

Back off, NOW.

To Ea 29: You're an obvious bastard/bitch.

You're obviously, too immature and fucked-up to realize much of anything, in the real world. Speakin' of which: You're obviously, not even worthy of an actually intelligent conversation.

And "The Next Karate Kid" does TOO count, you idiotic fuck-up.

To Koeago: Screw you.

Whatever, Jerk.

Childishly copycattin' me only further proves your own lack of actual maturity.

And grow up, too, you loser.

Posts: 124 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Koeago
Rewinder
Member # 308

Member Rated:
Kristy,
My advice is that you take your childish,insulting comments and go elsewhere. Judging by the replys to you are receiving from many of this forum's users,it appears you are not welcome here anymore.

noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we can't beat her, so I'm joining her.

(Profanity Warning)

Kristy: you DUMB CUNT. Nobody cares what you think, NOBODY thinks you have ANYTHING REMOTELY INTERESTING TO SAY.

You are obviously in need of some attention, so I'll give you some. I'm going to let you suck my dick. Come on over, and I'll rub it on your face, and you can curse all you want.

Actually, I think I've figured out why you are so bitter. You ARE the chick from the Next Karate Kid, aren't you??

Either that, or the only 4 movies you have EVER SEEN had Pat Morita in them. I guess you don't realize that maybe Ralph Macchio wanted to play a character who didn't wear a Gi.

In summation: there are other movies, and more importantly, other bulletin boards, my advice: INVESTIGATE BOTH BEFORE YOU END UP IN A RUBBER ROOM EATING SOFT FOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh!

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
ea29
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 744

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ea29   Email ea29   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noblprz for PRESIDENT!!!!! I am in tears laughing and I think Noblprz's enthusiasm and attitude is catching on.
Kristy, everyone is making fun of you trailor trash 14 year old slut. Just cuz you are screwing some 21 year old drug dealer who A) says he loves you B) Lets you use his internet and C) for some reason, decided to buy you the 'Next Karate Kid' (which does not count and never happened) doesn't mean you should find a KK message board and start spouting out Duh's Sheesh's and Obvioulsly's like they are going out of style. Not only do you disgrace the entire karate kid TRILOGY (that means 3, Kristy-- remember when you said "Oh, AND the The Next Karate Kid IS a PART of the Trilogy"?), but you disgrace the entire english language with your shitty grammar and vocabulary. I'll end this post with the wise words of Noblprz : Kristy, you DUMB CUNT.

Thank you,

ERIK

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for celticbabe   Email celticbabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would Mr. Miyagi say to Kristy?

I think it would be something like this:

"Young flower should keep mouth shut and legs crossed, or squish like grape.."

Posts: 125 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record, I do not condone using the language I used in my previous post under normal circumstances, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Kristy, the tribe has spoken. It is time for you to leave the island. I just called you a terrible name, and nobody came to your defense. Apparently there is not a moderator for this forum, so it is time we, the members do the policing.

We will expect your resignation, clean out your desk, step into my office, because you're FUCKING FIRED!

Thank you,

President Prize

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Koeago
Rewinder
Member # 308

Member Rated:
I'll drink to that,sir.Well done Mr Prize.
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...I'm surprised Kristy hasn't said anything yet...You must have scared her away noblprz!
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
thischoolsucks
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1178

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thischoolsucks   Email thischoolsucks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HOLLEEE SHIT The Next Karate Kid blew out of the ass. Kristy must be hittin' the peace pipe a little too hard if she thinks that 2 hour sleeping pill is part of the trilogy....The only cool character in it was, of course, Miyagi. Hilary Swank looks like a buck-toothed female prison guard. Macchio will always be the symbol for Karate Kid. I'm out.
Posts: 84 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Slater
Senior Rewinder
Member # 502

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Slater   Email Slater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Are you all related tp Ralph Macchio or something? KK4 was a decent film. It is not the worse in the series, as KK2 frankly is worse.

Hilary Swank for the first time puts the "kid" into the franchise. Would you rather have watched a, what by then would have been, lumbering 30 something Macchio attempt to pass himself off as a teen?

It would have been like watching a recent Steven Seagal film who can barely do a roundhouse anymore.

You can't tell me that Michael Ironside isn't a great villian. The soundtrack is great and there are some good scenes. I admit there are some confused story ideas - I still don't understand the bunjee jump scene - but hey this is Hollywood.

Posts: 82 | Registered: Dec 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
ea29
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 744

Rate Member
Slater,

Whatever you are smoking, I wish you'd share some. KK4 is a decent film????? Better than KKII??????? wow.
It's not that we wanted to see Ralph act in 4, we just wouldnt have wanted to see it at all. I just act like it never happened...in fact, im convinced that a 4th karate kid starring a buck toothed teenage girl does not exist. It is quite obvious that they ran way out of material in III, which you feel is better than 2?
I can sit here and tell you that Ironside sucked and the whole movie was the biggest joke and disgrace in hollywood history.
Put that in your pipe

Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked KK2 myself, it was alot more original then KK3, which seemed to be a remake of the first..i didnt like the fight scenes in KK2 as much, but the rest of the film was good in my opinion.

i only watched KK4 once many years ago, i dont remember alot about it, just that i didnt find it related to the other 3 films

Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
darren
Senior Rewinder
Member # 709

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for darren   Email darren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alot of people thought they got too far away from the first story in kk2,i think that is why 3 seems alot like 1,as far as the next kk,no one is saying we wanted to see him acting a teen,but there are alot of ways he could have done a 4th,insted what they ended up with is a film that looked like they where milking the kk name to make some money,pimping it,im just sad that pat was in it
Posts: 59 | From: norwich norfolk uk | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Slater
Senior Rewinder
Member # 502

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Slater   Email Slater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

KK4 was a legitimate attempt to make another film.

Yes it was cash in. But what do you think the film industry is all about? Its about making money. Do you think the world, well passengers trapped with the inflight movie at any rate - needed to see Crocodile Dundee 3? They only made it to make money. Sometimes like the KK films the desire to make money produces good films.

As for KK4 being the biggest joke and disgrace in Hollywood I am afraid that Police Academy 7 - Mission to Moscow surely holds that honour.

Did the previous five sequels merit another film? Do you think the people of the former Soviet Union risked their lives to topple communism so that they could be patronised with a third rate police comedy? I think this suspect is bang to rights. Guilty as charged.

Posts: 82 | Registered: Dec 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home