iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Karate Kid and the 80's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Karate Kid and the 80's
Doug
Rewind Curious
Member # 155

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Doug   Email Doug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
The 80's and the Karate Kid, two of my favorite subjects.I grew up in the 80's and it was the best part of my life,nothing will ever compare to the music, fashion, and movies, especially The Karate Kid.Those were special times,please respond if you feel the same. Thanks.....Doug

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you're in the right place Doug! Karate Kid is my favorite movie too! My friends say I'm still stuck in the 80s, that's ok. If anyone noticed, music and styles of the 80's has been steadily emerging these past few years! YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug
Rewind Curious
Member # 155

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Doug   Email Doug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To ali-with-an-i

Thanks for your reply, its nice to hear from someone who is stuck in the 80's too.If you would like to chat more please email me at dougksaul@yahoo.com I would really like to meet someone who is as stuck in the 80's as I am.thanks again....Doug

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
karate babe
Master Rewinder
Member # 879

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karate babe   Email karate babe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was born in 83 so i didnt really pay much attention to fashion and music i just went with what ever my sister liked...which was wham!! but since i was like 12/13 ive luved the 80s style fashion music movies language...everything cos its just sooo amazin. *_* i have noticed about the fashion for some while now...its great. im makin the most of it and hope it lasts! *_*
Posts: 247 | From: london,uk | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of what Ali wrote:
quote:
If anyone noticed, music and styles of the 80's has been steadily emerging these past few years!

There's an explanation for that: the people who grew up in the 80's, are now old enough to be in positions to influence today's media and pop culture. They grew up during the 80's and now have jobs in advertising, or in the music business, or in the fashion industry, or in the news media, or in movie/TV productions, etc. You better believe that they will share today's generation the stuff that they grew up during the 80's!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
JETTA00
Senior Rewinder
Member # 240

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JETTA00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hey there guys!! I love the 80's! Everywhere I go I find things that remind me of the 80's. Sometimes I wish we were back in the 80's...or that today was like the 80's. I mean the internet is so awesome and they didn't have that in the 80's but still it would be awesome. Just the way people spoke and the funny clothes is enough to make me want to go back! My favorite cartoon from the 80's is Rainbow Brite! Holla back if anyone agrees with anything I wrote!
Posts: 64 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Cherry Valance
Senior Rewinder
Member # 103

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cherry Valance   Email Cherry Valance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiho!!!
Well i was born in 89' so i was only in da ages for a year!!!
But i remember when i was atleast 7 years old me and my two older brothers would watch re-runs of Karate Kid n we loved it!!!

Posts: 74 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin S.
Rewinder
Member # 1555

- posted      Profile for Kevin S.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People that graduated high school in the 1980's are in their 30's, and some are even in their early 40's I believe. Those Older Gen Xer guys that were born in the 1960's are now in a position of power where they can influence everything.

I was born in the late 1970's and I loved growing up in the 80's. The 90's were cool too, but I felt it never had that special magic and charm of the 80's. It also seems like the days where the 50's and 60's were the "retro decades" are long gone. Now it's the 80's which are retro.

Which is kinda weird. I remember growing up in the 80's and having dress up days for the 50's, 60's and even the 70's. It's bizzare being on the older end of it now and seeing kids today having "80's Spirit Days" at their schools. I can stomach this happening to the 80's, but I will know I am definately an over the hill old man when some kid asks me for advice on how to dress for their "90's Dress Up Day" that their high school is having.

Kevin S.

Posts: 50 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home