iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Ralph Macchio

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ralph Macchio
Spin
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Spin   Author's Homepage   Email Spin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw for the 1st time this summer that marvellous movie. I'm glad I recorded it on tape, I don't regret it. I think Ralph Macchio is a wonderful actor, he acts very naturally. Anyway, when I saw the movie, I didn't have a computer to check information about him and the movie on the internet. I frankly thought the guy was 14. When I came home from vacation, I immediatly searched for information about Ralph and I couldn't believe what I was seeing: Macchio was born in 1961????? He was 23 in the Karate Kid??? My God!! Does anuyone agree that he looked very very young??? The body, the voice, the face, everything made me thought he was 14!!! 23, it's not possible!! Michael J. Fox looked very young in the 80's, but Macchio looked even more younger! That's incredible!! Did the same surprise happened to anyone here?
Posts: 16 | From: Paris | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
rosie
Rewind Curious
Member # 1069

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for rosie   Email rosie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah! I too was very surprised to find out how Ralp Macchio pulled off playing a 14 year old so well when he was actually in his 20s. Like yourself I found out when searching for information on the movie, I think I also read that he was actually two years older than the guy that played Johnny!Gawd where have you been??You only just recently saw the Karate Kid??!!lol just kidding!Its such a wonderful movie to keep on bringing in fans all the time! I still remember when i first saw it many years ago (im now in my 20s), i had the hugest crush on Ralph Macchio (I think I still do!), its still my all time favourite movie!Hey,you should check out the other threads to see a recent picture of Ralph Macchio!! My gosh I didnt recognise him!:)
Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Johnny(Billy Zabka)turned 18 during the filming of The Karate Kid. Anyone know how old the rest of the cast was? I still have trouble finding good info on them.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
bloxgator
Rewind Curious
Member # 618

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for bloxgator   Email bloxgator   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If yall go to www.imdb.com
you can find all the information about pretty much any actor and if they arent totally irrelevant to the movie business then they should have some info on the actors
however most of these kids are pretty much non-existent now but in general they were all mostly in their 20s when the movie was made ... except zabka ... nice name

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Spin
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Spin   Author's Homepage   Email Spin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Rosie, I saw the recent pic of Ralph... He changed a lot but he's still very good looking!! He's in his 40's and he looks 30! I read that he had a son named Daniel: is this a tribute to the Karate Kid?
Posts: 16 | From: Paris | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
yazdanid
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1223

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for yazdanid   Email yazdanid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if im not mistaken Ralph had or has a disease which stopped his physical development, making a fully grown man look like an adolescent. It probably was a nightmare for him at the time but i guess he is laughing now
Posts: 59 | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Spin
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 506

Rate Member
Oh then that explains a lot about his appearance in the Karate Kid movies....
rosie
Rewind Curious
Member # 1069

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for rosie   Email rosie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes Spin I also read that he named his son Daniel after the role he became famous for...hmmm..have read nothing about a disease which stopped his physical development, anyone else wish to comment on this, is it true or did he just pass for looking younger??
Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember back when the movie first came out, alot of rumors were surfacing about Ralph having a disease that kept his youth. To this day I do not know if there is any truth to them. Maybe we can find a bio on him that will shed some light on this subject. Disease or no disease, he looks pretty darn good for his age, dontcha think?
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
karate babe
Master Rewinder
Member # 879

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karate babe   Email karate babe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dnt think he has what micheal j fox had. cos i hav this little bio of his and it talks about his appearing yonger but nothing about a disease.
Posts: 247 | From: london,uk | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Spin
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 506

Rate Member
Michael J. Fox didn't have a disease that stopped his development. He just has Parkinson's disease nowadays. And for Raplh Macchio, I would really like to know if he had a problem with his development. But there's just nothing about it on the internet!
paul
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ralph Macchio did have a condition (not desease)
i know because i had the same one in the early 70's. im 49 now but i look about 25 becasause i just didnt grow.
Ralph had it because i remember an article about it after the outsiders movie.
it occurs mainly to people in their late teens.....so thats why ralph looks sooo young! it can last between 5 and 10 years...so there u go!

| Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home