iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » I think Johnny would've killed Daniel if Miyagi hadn't intereced

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I think Johnny would've killed Daniel if Miyagi hadn't intereced
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By getting that running charge and judging from where his foot angle would've been, I say Johnny could've caused fatal damage to Daniel's heart of lungs. And if he did...I had some fun with a phony newspaper article about it:

"Local Youth Found Dead Outside Apartment Building"

A 17-year-old youth was beaten to death outside his Reseda apartment complex two nights ago. Police say Daniel LaRusso, who had just moved to the area this past summer, was chased and beaten outide the South Spas Apartment Complex about 9:30 PM Halloween Night. Residents heard a commotion and saw a gang of four attacking LaRusso, but did not intervene for fear of being outnmumbered and attacked themselves. Eyewitness accounts tell of the four assailants dressed in some sort of skeleton outfits, which is making identification a problem. LaRusso was discovered in a field adjacent to the building by a man leaving for work yesterday morning. LaRusso's mother Lucille was in seclusion and did not answer reporter requests for an interview. Police are asking anyone with information to call the Reseda Police Department. Services for LaRusso will be held at 10:30 AM tomorrow at Holy Cross Cemetary of Reseda.

Follow Up:

"Four Juveniles Arrested in Beating Death"

Police announced the arrest of four youths in the beating death of 17-year-old Daniel LaRusso Halloween Night. Johnathan Lawrence, 17, of Encino and three other boys are charged in the attack. After interviewing several witnesses, police say this was not the first time LaRusso had encountered the four toughs. According to statements given, the first incident occured this past summer on a Reseda beach, where LaRusso was partying with friends. Lead suspect Johnathan Lawrence showed up on motorcycle and started fighting with an ex-girlfriend. LaRusso tried to make peace, but was beaten up, friends say. Then last week at a school dance on Halloween, LaRusso was seen being chased out of the schools auditorium and toward his apartment complex. Police backtracked and pieced together that LaRusso had put a hose over a bathroom stall where John Lawrence had been seen. It's theorized that LaRusso was pulling a prank in retribution for the summer altercation. He was then chased to within yards of his home by Lawrence and three others where he was repeatedly kicked and punched by the boys, all karate students. The final blow was a kick to the chest of LaRusso which caused severe damage to his heart and lung failure. Police are also interviewing John Kreese, who runs a karate dojo in downtown Reseda, about improper business practices. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for November 17th for Lawrence and the three boys. If later conviced of manslaughter, they could face between 10 to 25 years in prison.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
bezthestud
Rewinder
Member # 611

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for bezthestud   Email bezthestud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hey Mcfly your shoe's untied!" hahaha sorry i couldnt resist! i REALLY need to get out more.
Posts: 32 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
KarateKidCan
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 289

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for KarateKidCan   Email KarateKidCan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before you fulfill your fantasy to become a reporter, get your facts straight. There were 5 attackers, not 4. You had FUN doing this. You're sick! It just goes to show that the police should have been involved way before this incident ever happened.
Posts: 19 | Registered: Oct 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realized later there were five
instead of four Mr. Technical.

Why am I sick? It was kind of fun
to write about characters we're familiar
with and see some of them get theirs.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
KarateKidCan
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 289

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for KarateKidCan   Email KarateKidCan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're sick because you had fun speculating about a murder. Also, Daniel was still 16 when this incident happened; remember, he celebrated his 17th birthday just before the tournament.

Sincerely,
Mr. Technical

Posts: 19 | Registered: Oct 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
It wasn't a real murder. Sheesh.

And that wasn't the point. It was like reading a news story of someone familiar to us for nearly the last 20 years. "Fun" was the only word I could come up with. Instead of "I had an interesting time" or "I did a little speculation". Just didn't fit right.

I did the same thing with BTTF about "Libyan Terroritsts Found Dead In Mysterious Mall Crash---Police Seek Young Teen and Older Man As Witnesses..."

Shecki
Senior Rewinder
Member # 491

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Shecki   Email Shecki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Creative, McFly. Interesting.
Posts: 65 | From: adss,dssad,nC | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
bezthestud
Rewinder
Member # 611

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for bezthestud   Email bezthestud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geeeez louiiiise...giv mcfly a break he's only doing something that appeals to him and whilst the 'murder story' doesnt float MY boat, i'm sure a lot of people took the time to read it, chill will ya! speaking of mcfly, does anyone know the date when back to the future will be released in the uk cos i checked to see the release date (after reading it on this site) and was told that it was being put back again cos of contract wrangles. someone help! also they best release teen wolf and teen wolf too over in the uk soon or there will be a real murder for mcfly to report on (joke before u all start having a go!)
Posts: 32 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
ermanderka_7
Rewind Curious
Member # 758

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ermanderka_7   Email ermanderka_7   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree!! But we have got to remember, it was just a movie. though I like alien ant farms little act when the kid hurt his leg. Miagi even was in the video. the song is called "movies"! byee
Posts: 4 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Venice
Master Rewinder
Member # 555

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Venice   Email Venice   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminded me of "lawsuit" stories I used to write in high school. I wouldn't have Daniel be MURDERED, but maybe have the Cobra Kai getting busted is a good idea. I'd write things back in high school, though like having my science teacher sue my gym teacher for making too much racket or something and make it like a news article. It was fun! Been working on fanfiction about the Baby-Sitters Club and Harry Potter as well as Daniel and Lucille LaRusso.
Posts: 182 | Registered: Feb 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for celticbabe   Email celticbabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people definitely overreacted to this post.
It is just a different way of looking at it, that's all.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutley LOVED it! I actually got a bit of a laugh out of it. I don't see what they made the big fuss over....
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
back to that topic..
Johnny had a pretty big running start..it would have been "lights out" for Danny boy [Razz]

Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
Man, I wrote that like a year ago, had forgotten about it.

Always weird to read something you wrote but not remember a thing about it.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soph_82
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1125

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for soph_82   Email soph_82   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was great! The Back to the Future one sounds good too-can you put it on the 80s board?
Posts: 15 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
"Libyan Terroritsts Found Dead In Mysterious Mall Crash---Police Seek Young Teen and Older Man As Witnesses..."

Two Arabic men were found dead early Saturday morning at Lone Pine Mall and Hill Valley Police are seeking the public's assistance in obtaining clues to the baffling discovery.

A report of shots fired came in from several residents living near the mall at about 1:30am last night. Witnesses spotted an older man with gray hair and a younger man in a red goose-down jacket leaving the scene in a large white van. When police arrived they found the two deceased Arabic men in a late model Volkwagon Bus which had crashed into a photography booth on the mall's parking lot. Identification is pending.

Inside the the men's vehicle a machine gun and rocket launcher were discovered, leading the police to theaorize that the men may have terrorist ties. Why they were at the mall was unknown, but several skid marks were found throughout the mall parking lot, which may indicate the two men were chasing someone.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Hill Valley Police Department at 555-1985.

Not the greatest on spur of the moment, but you get the idea, heh heh. Though I doubt the guys would've died, who knows.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soph_82
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1125

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for soph_82   Email soph_82   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent! You inspired me to try one for the principle in the alternate 1985 after the shoot-out but it's not nearly as good!
Posts: 15 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
Ah, the drive-by, heh heh.
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those were great Mcfly! I wonder how one would right an article about The Lost Boys. I mean at the end of the movie, you have all these bodies laying around and your house is torn up. How do you explain that to the cops? Surely they won't believe you had vampires! Also how do you explain that a missing child (Laddy) is alive and well with you? Wouldn't they think you kidnapped him?? lol ok, so maybe I'm going a little overboard but I was just wondering how that might be written or explained in an newspaper article.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
Thanks, Ali. Hmm, a that would be a challenge.

If they didn't just dump the bodies because of exactly what you said--how would they explain it--well then...

"Mutilated Bodies Discovered In House, Residents Claim Vampires"

Santa Carla police are investigating a mother, her two sons, their grandfather, and two other boys in connection with a home that was found littered with bodies last night.

Nearby residents heard several explosions and a loud crash shortly after sundown Saturday night. When police arrived on the scene they discovered
three mutilated teen boys, one of whom was apparently decapitated. One other was burned to death while another was impaled.

Also found was local video store owner, Max 'Smith', who had a wooden stake driven through his chest. Two of the other bodies have not been identified, but the third teen was ID'd only as "David".

When questioned, Michael and Sam Emerson, and Edgar and Allan Frog claimed the dead teens were part of a vampire pack that had been terrorizing them. Lucy Emerson, the boys mother, had no knowledge of such people, and could only confirm that she had been dating Max 'Smith'. The four teens remain in the Santa Carla Mental Facility For The Insane as the investigation continues.

Also held for questioning was Emerson's father, Waldo, who apparently killed Smith when he drove his truck into his own living room with the front end of the vehicle armed sith several wooden stakes.

Police also found 8-year-old Laddy 'Doe', who had been missing for the past month. A woman only identified as "Star", is being held in his kidnapping. She as well claims she was "protecting him from the other vampires".

Authorities obviously question the mental state of the accused, and are hoping for better cooperation from them. Though coroner reports have confirmed that the dead bodies have peculiar blood-types and the victims teeth have traces of blood and skin on them.

Well, that could be one story they told. Or if they got themselves together, they could just claim they were being attacked by four 'regular' teens and were defending themselves [Smile] .

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
That was GREAT McFly!! I am very impressed. I think you need to do this at LEAST weekly! That would be a great idea for a website, 80s movies with "news articles" explaining the aftermath of what happened in the film.
Well anyway, I really enjoyed reading them, I really hope you do more. [Big Grin]

McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
Thanks a lot, Ali, appreciated [Smile] .

Yeah I've had the same thoughts, a website would be a lot of fun, if I could find a cheap one. I fiddled with a title like "Movie Police Report". With a tagline of "Stories of what might've happened after the credits rolled on your favorite movies!"

Ah, well, someday.

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
You could always use geo-cities. It's free and it's a start. It's a shame that not more people willl see what you've done. I think it's great entertainment!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home