iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Best scene (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best scene
Shotokan Karateka
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 494

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Shotokan Karateka   Email Shotokan Karateka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is your favaourite scene in Karate kid movies?
well,mine is the kata scene ,which miagi and daniel doing on the top of a hill in Karate kid 3.

Posts: 17 | From: Istanbul,Turkey | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady_Depp
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok....

Last night I watched KK1 again on TV. I hadn't seen it for like ever, and the scene that blew me away was when Daniel finally got Mr. Miyagi to show him why he had to do all that house work. Mr. Miyagi started throwing punshes at him faster and faster and Daniel blocked every one and when it was done, I was like.......woah.

| Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
court_hustler
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 690

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for court_hustler   Author's Homepage   Email court_hustler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the best sequence is at the Dojo tournament when LaRusso throws a good move then his woman says "your the best," then the music hits "your the best alrightttt nothings gonna take me away from your mind your the best alrighttt nothings gonna..." ( something like that) and one of my favorite lines is "sorry, MrMiagis Dojo"
Posts: 29 | From: Kitchener,Ontario,Canada | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Slater
Senior Rewinder
Member # 502

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Slater   Email Slater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

That scene at the beginning of KK3 where Daniel and Miyagi arrive back at the LA airport just as Kreese and Terry Silver pull up in their car. Only in the movies.

Posts: 82 | Registered: Dec 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
yazdanid
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1223

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for yazdanid   Email yazdanid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the best scene for me is the shot of one of the Cobra kai at the tournament (i forget his name, its the one who is hyper active and grins and shouts comments during pauses in the matches)smiling and shouting to La Russo "You're going home in a body bag!"...
oh and the scene in kk2 where La Russo's girlfriend throws a tomato at Sato's nephew and he rips off his shirt and tells her to add it to her collection...genius.

Posts: 59 | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Venice
Master Rewinder
Member # 555

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Venice   Email Venice   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, so many best scenes...hard to decide. I'd say when Daniel rescues the kid in KK2 during that storm. He slides down that pole and he's really scared & at the same time trying to comfort the poor kid, who's scared too and stupid Chozen is too petty to help out. Daniel is so shaky when he gets to the ground that he just collapses and Mr. Miyagi and Sato run out to help him. Then the one in KK1 where Daniel gets hurt in the karate match and he's lying on the cot in the back & Lucille comforts him, saying "You were great" when Danny's crying. Lucille gives him a kiss, then as she's leaving, gets tears in her eyes too. I'll never forget how her brows slanted & you could tell she was about to cry, but was trying to be strong for her son's sake. Then in KK3, when Mike Barnes breaks the bonsai & poor Daniel brings it back to Mr. Miyagi & when he sees Mr. Miyagi, his eyes fill with tears, then when Mr. Miyagi finally turns around, he starts to cry for real. I love how Mr. Miyagi is understanding & comforts him like a grandparent figure while Daniel keep crying and is blaming himself for the mess. Those are 3 of my fave scenes I could watch fifty million times.
Posts: 182 | Registered: Feb 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
ih8kevs
Rewind Curious
Member # 824

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ih8kevs   Email ih8kevs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the best scene is when miyagi kicks kreeses ass in his back garden cus it shows how hard miyagi really is.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
KarateKidMaster
Rewind Curious
Member # 290

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for KarateKidMaster   Email KarateKidMaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As soon as all of you read my post-up, I hope that you all pop on the movie and observe the things that I have. I watch the Karate Kid everyday. I have seen the best and the worst. First off, has anyone ever noticed that when you first meet the Cobra Kai's on top of the beach, Dutch drops his helmet and almost falls off his bike. It is so funny. He's right behind Tommy. Another one of my favorites is the "Fake Dutch." The dutch that is used in the fighting sequence with Daniel and Johnny on the beach is fake. You get a good glimpse of him after Daniel gets a cheap shot in and Johnny says, "No mercy, man." Just look at how fake he is. Really bad casting there. The real Dutch appears as they leave and says, "Far out, man." This next one is clutch. It is when Daniel is running from the Cobra Kai's after Daniel gets water all over Johnny and his joint, Daniel jumps the fence into a field and is running from them. If you pay really close attention, when the camara pans out to show Daniels apartments, look in the upper right corner of your screen. You will see a smoke macine that is puffing smoke into the scene. It is the worst. This is enough for now, reply me and I will tell you more things that are funny to look for.
Posts: 1 | From: Wichita, KS 67226 | Registered: Mar 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
karate babe
Master Rewinder
Member # 879

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karate babe   Email karate babe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have noticed when he almost falls off his bike but i didnt notice the smoke machine...i will have a check on saturday as i can watch it at work *_*
Posts: 247 | From: london,uk | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
John_Kreese
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 273

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for John_Kreese   Author's Homepage   Email John_Kreese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on, we all know what the one memorable scene is from karate kid dont we:-)? Where daniel is stood in the crane position waiting for johnny to attack him and kreese shouts "finish him!" and daniel kicks him in the face and wins the competition and every1 goes wild! That still sends a shiver down my spine after watching it for the 50th time:-)
Posts: 22 | From: Liverpool,england | Registered: Dec 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Sato
Rewind Curious
Member # 481

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Sato   Email Sato   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaahaah, i checked it out man! you're right, but it still doesn't change the fact that the movie rocks!! and also i have to agree with john kreese on his last comment that the final scene is KK1 is the most memorable! it's the one everyone knows the movie from! if you ask someone if they've seen the karate kid, 9/10 times they will say "oh yeah, the crane technique" or "wax on, wax off"!
Anyway, tell us of some more funny things you've spotted man, it's really interesting to see them!

Posts: 10 | From: australia | Registered: Dec 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blondie35
Rewind Curious
Member # 78

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Blondie35   Email Blondie35   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best scenes i like was in Karate Kid Part II, was when Mr. Miyagi an Daniel took off to Okinawa, and the other favorite scene was when Daniel and Konko played their chasing game out on the beach, rocks, and the mountains. That was a beautiful scene!!!! And i also love the lines and music that went along with, "The glory of love," by Peter Cetara.
Posts: 4 | From: Decatur,Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
jeffkn
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 843

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jeffkn   Author's Homepage   Email jeffkn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess my favorite scene was when he met that redhead in the pottery shop, (Because I was secretly hoping that it would lead to a "Ghost"-like scene where daniel gets to score!)hehe. That girl was pretty hot, but she was apparently not into the demi moore style :) Also it was cool when he just busted that dude in the nose, because it was interesting to see his "Non-karate, plain old masculine street fighter attitude" come out for a sec.
Posts: 14 | From: festus, MO USA | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
No Mercy
Rewind Curious
Member # 410

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for No Mercy   Email No Mercy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite scene, is when Daniel training by himself on the beach, like standing on the boat and stuff, and that cool music playing.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Shecki
Senior Rewinder
Member # 491

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Shecki   Email Shecki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes i love the music too! David Foster co-wrote, with Cetera, The Glory of Love. Great song.
Posts: 65 | From: adss,dssad,nC | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Rocky Balboa
Rewinder
Member # 462

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rocky Balboa   Email Rocky Balboa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It just have to be when Kreese and Silver attack Miyagi and take a whooping!!!! It always makes me smile!!!!!
Posts: 34 | From: Chester, England, Great Britain | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
dlo
Senior Rewinder
Member # 726

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for dlo   Email dlo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best scene is at the end of KKl when Daniel is about to do the crane kick and Kreese says "finish him" and the brill music in the back ground is playing and you can see how bad Johnny wants to win it. Then when he hits the kick and everyone goes mad and the crowd run on and Johnny gives him the trophey, then Daniel looks at Mr Miyagi he looks back and smiles and nods, then it goes to the credits and plays lovely music. Just great, Just great.
Posts: 93 | From: Liverpool, United Kingdom | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
John19
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 272

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for John19   Email John19   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me its has always been the halloween night scene when dutch is holding daniel up and you see miyagi climbing the fence behind. Always get a shiver, especially with the fact that daniel has no idea about miyagi then. The music when he finishes them off is cool too
Posts: 23 | From: london | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
SHEGOTGAME
Master Rewinder
Member # 476

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SHEGOTGAME   Email SHEGOTGAME   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else notice Daniel sort of fall over after he punches Bobby during the soccer tryouts. If you watch closely, Daniel is on top of Bobby and punches him in the face and kind of just lays on him like he doesn't have any more energy left and then the coach pulls him up and off of Bobby...Well I was just wondering if anyone else noticed
Posts: 228 | From: Elizabethtown, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
GETHIMABODYBAG
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 192

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for GETHIMABODYBAG   Email GETHIMABODYBAG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are so many classic scenes but what i find very funny is when silver and kreese get there arses kicked (kk3) by miagi... how silver is laughing when they are walking away even though he just got wasted. And also how daniel comes out with the lame comment "he won't... you will" what a crap comeback... if someone sed that to me, i would laugh at them exactly the way silver laughed at him.
Posts: 11 | From: runcorn, cheshire, england | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
ea29
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 744

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ea29   Email ea29   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hilarious silver scene...how bout when silver is in his steam room and is talking to Kreese (who is in Tahiti) and Kreese says "one more thing...make his knuckles bleed"...Silver stands up and laughs that hilariously stupid evil laugh and says "HAHAHAH I'll USE THAT! HAHAH"...what a clown..KKIII has the best unintentional humor of any movie I have ever scene...I cant keep a straight face when Daniel is walking into the real estate office to rent some space for Myagi's Bonsai shop..those jeans and his fat ass..priceless
Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Knock Out Boy
Master Rewinder
Member # 307

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Knock Out Boy   Email Knock Out Boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i noticed shegotgame, he didnt have much balence on the ground so after he threw the punch he sorta floped on top of him
Posts: 169 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
GETHIMABODYBAG
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 192

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for GETHIMABODYBAG   Email GETHIMABODYBAG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched that bit last night... I was in hysterics. He throws a punch and then his body goes lame... what would he have done if noone dragged him offf hahahaha just lie on top of him??
Posts: 11 | From: runcorn, cheshire, england | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
PWOKristy
Master Rewinder
Member # 420

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for PWOKristy   Email PWOKristy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the "Chased by Elite Members ("The Next Karate Kid".)" Scene. Where Julie gets pursued by Ned and his 4 thugs (DUH.).
Posts: 124 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
ea29
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 744

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ea29   Email ea29   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'DUH' Kristy..The Next Karate kid doesnt count. if you want to make a next karate kid forum, be my guest you 'dumb earred, hell-bound,jerk! SHEESH!'
Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home