iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Cobra Kai

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cobra Kai
johnny the cream puff
Senior Rewinder
Member # 13275

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny the cream puff   Email johnny the cream puff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excited to learn this!
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/karate-kid-sequel-series-youtube-red-ralph-macchio-william-zabka-1202515772/

Thoughts😊

Posts: 57 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, this is so random. I need time to digest this!
Posts: 3814 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny the cream puff
Senior Rewinder
Member # 13275

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny the cream puff   Email johnny the cream puff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it great!?!
Posts: 57 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes but it is being tapped as a comedy. Not sure how I feel about that.
Posts: 5315 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that's a bit offputting to me.
Posts: 3814 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny the cream puff
Senior Rewinder
Member # 13275

Member Rated:
You Tube Red not available in UK either!! 😞
I supppse the comedy value was the only way to get the actors on board. Should be good with their input, they wouldn't let it get silly I'm sure. Hope other actors are included too 👊🏻

Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this sounds amazing.. good to see a lot of familiar names still posting here!
Posts: 298 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hey Brown, nice to see you [Smile]
johnny the cream puff
Senior Rewinder
Member # 13275

Member Rated:
Saw the official trailer today and Daniel owns a car dealership!! I bet he doesn’t wash them though🖐🏻🖐🏻
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has everyone seen the show now!? Absolutely amazing, they've done such a great job on this. The finale was such a great pay off too!
Posts: 298 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I just finally saw the trailer. Looks amazing! How many episodes is it?
Posts: 666 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished the Cobra Kia series, Season 1. If you liked the first movie, you will definitely like this! There are 10 episodes total. It was not a straight out comedy. There was drama and comedy, and a few nostalgic looks back throughout the series. It has been ordered a second season too!
Posts: 2036 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny the cream puff
Senior Rewinder
Member # 13275

Member Rated:
I laughed and cried my way through the 10 episodes. This is a real gem so far and with season 2 on the way it promises more of the same. Who’s to say that there won’t be more of the original cast showing up at some point with Kreese already confirmed!!
I read an article of how the show came to be and the people behind it were true fans of the original.

Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

493 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta say, I was AMAZED at how good it was [Smile] Well done to everyone involved, I must say [Smile]
Posts: 1017 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 493  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Peterson
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37560

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ray Peterson   Email Ray Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just found this on youtube. I'm alone at work for the next 4 hours. Guess what I'm watching! Report to follow!

"Sweep the leg"!

Posts: 28 | From: The Burbs | Registered: Jul 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles De Mar
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37574

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Charles De Mar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a GREAT series. They got the balance perfect. I am usually wary when looking at a new series what they younger people will be like, but fortunately they were likeable.
It was well written, well acted and enough nods to the movies to bridge it.

I won't spoil it for anyone but it ended by setting up the next season (series) very nicely and I am really looking forward to it. Nice to see the two main characters having production credits too.

Posts: 11 | From: On top of the K2 | Registered: Sep 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home