iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Elisabeth Shue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elisabeth Shue
Paint Defence
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6006

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Paint Defence   Email Paint Defence   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else think Elisabeth, as Ali, was super hot in KK? Hotter than any movie she did since IMO. I especially like the beach scenes [Wink]
Posts: 11 | From: MI | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she was amazing in kk!! she was hot in that swim suit,yeah!!
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pearwater
Rewinder
Member # 6093

11 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pearwater   Email pearwater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I prefer to remember her like she was in The Karate Kid, although she was also smokin' hot in Adventures In Babysitting(A Night On The Town)!
Posts: 47 | From: Yorkshire,England | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 11  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BonsaiTree
Rewind Curious
Member # 6442

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BonsaiTree   Email BonsaiTree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely! Well, I think Elisabeth Shue is always hot! But I also thought she was a huge part of what made the first movie so great. And I would have rather seen her return for parts II and III than seen Daniel meet new girlfriends.

I also think if Ralph Macchio did not want to return for Karate Kid part IV, than instead of creating that new character Hilary Swank played, most Karate Kid fans (definitely myself) would have rather seen a 4th KK movie with Elisabeth Shue staring as the main character - where Johnny returns and repeatedly harasses Ali, and Miyagi decides to train Ali Karate so she can defend herself.

Posts: 6 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Ralph Macchio and Elisabeth Shue left just at the right moment..Somewhere the magic is just over.And it`s time to move on.I think they did the right thing at the time.But times are changing,and maybe the time is back for some more KK magic again?I would love to see them carrying on the legacy in a way these great films deserve.Have no expectations for a Will Smith vers..

cheers

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TulaneUVA
Rewind Curious
Member # 6536

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TulaneUVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha, this thread is so funny.

It's nice to know that other people think the same way...

Posts: 2 | From: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: Jan 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home