iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Favourite scene out of all three movies?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favourite scene out of all three movies?
Fang
Rewinder
Member # 5593

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fang   Email Fang   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me (despite fierce competition for the obvious crane kick ending of 1), it has to be the ice smashing scene of 2 for sheer thrill factor. Can you imagine if Daniel was able to summon that kind of power and focus into a strike on an opponent? Brutal!

It takes it's sweet time to rachet up the tension and is all the better for it. GREAT scene!

Posts: 33 | From: London England | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Larusso
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mrs Larusso   Email Mrs Larusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree wth you about both of those scenes, Fang! I cant really think of another one that rates as good as them two.

KK1 - 'The Crane'

KK2 - the above mentioned ice scene (and Sato's face afterwards too!)

KK3 - The look on Mikes face when Danny starts doin' Kata. Priceless.

Posts: 82 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The storm during part 2 was pretty cool but my fave scene was the bit where Johnny elbows the knee in part one...very emotional stuff!!!

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fang
Rewinder
Member # 5593

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fang   Email Fang   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, all cool!
Posts: 33 | From: London England | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverado
Master Rewinder
Member # 1388

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Silverado   Email Silverado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Ali`s Dad dissapointed face, when Danniel says he is not from Encino.

2)When Danny miss the Crane ( I still remember when all the people from the audience screamed in that part)

3)Silver is choosing between a variety of models and he can`t find and enough poor car.

Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fang
Rewinder
Member # 5593

Rate Member
Oh, how could I forget that heartbreaking scene in Part Two where Daniel comforts a weeping Mr Miyagi over the death of his father on the beach. Just simply amazing acting from Pat Morita! Astounding scene with such depth and warmth. You can really see how close to two of them have become.
Brown
Master Rewinder
Member # 89

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fang:
Oh, how could I forget that heartbreaking scene in Part Two where Daniel comforts a weeping Mr Miyagi over the death of his father on the beach. Just simply amazing acting from Pat Morita! Astounding scene with such depth and warmth. You can really see how close to two of them have become.

^also one of my favourite scenes. In fact, its a close 3rd. I do love this scene.. very much the human side to Miyagi and it breaks the story up somewhat. It's terribly said but a very indepth scene and shows a lot of character development.

my FAVOURITE scene.. its really close. I'm gonna go with the scene in The Karate Kid when Miyagi returns from his fishing trip and you see the realisation that Daniel has been learning without even knowing. In terms of the franchise, this is definitely the money shot - the whole wax on, wax off scene that I've heard duplicated in a dozen other movies.

secondly, the drunken Miyagi scene that leads in to Daniel "training hard" and that amazing music.

Posts: 296 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShoNuff
Rewind Curious
Member # 5751

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ShoNuff   Email ShoNuff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KK3 when Kreese and Silver try to beat Mr Miyagi together and both end up beaten easily. Then of course, Mr Miyagi mimicking Silver "Wah...Wah"
Posts: 6 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atone
Rewind Curious
Member # 5772

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for atone   Email atone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definatly the crane for me.. I mean you knew it was comin from when he hurt his knee.. but its still classic seein Johnny kicked in the face...

other then that.. The scene with Myagi and Kreese fighting in the parking lot has to be up there....

Posts: 3 | From: MI | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home