iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » Headband

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Headband
Steve
Master Rewinder
Member # 1933

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Steve   Author's Homepage   Email Steve   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prop Store are selling a Headband from the movie its expensive but as a nice display over priced I think though.

Headband should be on this page if it works

Posts: 161 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanstar
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4235

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Phanstar   Email Phanstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3219 dollars? WOAH! It better come with private Karate License for Miagi himself for that price!
Posts: 97 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fang
Rewinder
Member # 5593

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fang   Email Fang   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a thin imitation off Ebay I wore to a recent screening of The Karate Kid in London. It does the job. It's too thin in all honesty but I was sent two so I double them up.
Posts: 33 | From: London England | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomercysir
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3471

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for nomercysir   Author's Homepage   Email nomercysir   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where was the London screening, was it advertised at all??? I heard nothing about it.
Posts: 23 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fang
Rewinder
Member # 5593

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fang   Email Fang   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there! Thanks for the PM.

I saw it in The Stratford Picture House in East London. It was part of a still ongoing series called THE BREAKFAST CLUB (named after that film) where on the last Sunday of every month, they show an eighties classic.

Karate Kid was awhile ago but since then, they have screened Ghostbusters, Ferris Buellers Day Off, The Lost Boys, Stand By Me, Footloose, Raiders Of The Lost Ark. This last Sunday coming is going to be Top Gun.

I'll try and find some details for you.

HERE YOU ARE : Look here for all the classic films that this series are screening in London.

http://www.the-breakfast-club.com/

[ 27. February 2007, 01:21: Message edited by: Fang ]

Posts: 33 | From: London England | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clinty mc fly
Master Rewinder
Member # 2946

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for clinty mc fly   Email clinty mc fly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fang:
I got a thin imitation off Ebay I wore to a recent screening of The Karate Kid in London. It does the job. It's too thin in all honesty but I was sent two so I double them up.

wow u got 2 c it on the big screen u lucky git lol
Posts: 107 | From: Lincoln,uk | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fang
Rewinder
Member # 5593

Rate Member
Yeah, it was great! The reel was in surprisingly good condition and the soundtrack was dramatically loud! People cheered at the end! I had my hair cut short enough so the headband would look halfway decent.

Then when back to a mate's house and finished the day with Parts 2 and 3. Quality day!

Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know if the Breakfast Club screenings are still going on? I always meant to go to the one at Greenwich can't find any reference to it now.
Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home