iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » I can't believe...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I can't believe...
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Ralph Macchio was 23 during the first Karate Kid! I watched this movie again tonight. I haven't seen it since the 80's and I was just totally blown away by how good it still is!! I was actually tearing up at the end when he wins the tournament and also when Daniel puts Miyagi to bed the night he gets drunk. It just amazes me that Ralph was 23, Elizabeth was 21 and here I am at 30 and I'm still touched by this awesome film [Smile] !
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of my all time fav films, hence my screen name Ali_with_an_i, taken from the line in the movie where Elisabeth Shue tells Danile her name on the soccer field.

I was pleased to see that it made AFI's "100 Most Inspirational Films", I always thought it was a great story even if it was a bit far fetched.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually thought he looked even younger than 16 when he did this movie. On the VH-1 top Teen Stars, when they do Ralph...they said about him being 23, and I was shocked too, I thought he was 14 or 15. He still does have a baby face, I think he is starting to look a little like Tony Danza though.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are so right Isis, he does look Danza-ish! Hahaha, I love those Italian boys though [Wink] !
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy, the more you watch "The Karate Kid" the more you come to understand the impact this movie has had on so many people's lives.

Daniel: Hey, what kind of belt do you have?
Miyagi: Canvas. JC Penny. Three ninety-eight. You like?
[laughs]
Daniel: No, I meant...
Miyagi: Danielsan... karate here.
[he taps his head]
Miyagi: Karate here.
[he taps his heart]
Miyagi: Karate never here
[points to his belt]
Miyagi: Understand?

Ali_with_an_i, I always thought that was such a cool screename to choose. [Cool]

Valley_with_an_L

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, Thanks Valley [Smile] I like your Valley with an L too. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home