iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Without Limits - Steve Prefontaine Olympics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Without Limits - Steve Prefontaine Olympics
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else seen this movie and enjoyed it was much as me. Maybe this movie touches home with me because I briefly remember the 1972 Olympics as a young kid. The Olympics were always a big deal at my house with my parents glued to the tv watching and thinking maybe young Valley had gold in him. But this Olympics is unfortunately memorable for the tragedy that occurred in 1972. But out of the tragedy rises a race I will always remember and it was the race of Prefontaine.

Well I found this awesome movie about 5 years ago and watched it last night again. It stars Billy Crudup, Monica Potter, & Donald Sutherland. Crudup gave an incredible preformance as Prefontaine. I love the actual recreation of the historic race and if you like a good sports movie you will not be disappointed. Forget the sports, it's a great movie. [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there another movie about Steve Prefontaine that came out the same year as this movie did? And with a different actor in the role?

I believe the other movie's title was (appropriately enough) "Prefontaine"?

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one is way better in my opinion. However with the name "Prefontaine" it is the better known of the two movies. Which brings up the question to why to two different studios make the same movie?....It happens all the time and it diminishes what one good movie could have accomplished.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I was the loser that spent money to see "Prefontaine" in the movies. I like it better than that other one though.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home