iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Starchaser:The Legend of Orin and The Matrix

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Starchaser:The Legend of Orin and The Matrix
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just posted this to a newsgroup and realised it has just as much relavance on this messageboard too, so:

Whilst converting my Starchaser VHS to DVD (the VHS quality is crap but cleaned up it looks very good) I noticed that on top of the Star Wars parallels there's also some distinct parallels in the storyline between it and The Matrix:

In Starchaser:The Legend of Orin a young man discovers his destiny is to break out of the mines controlled by robots and save his people (as well as the galaxy) from the robots. In a past life many many years ago the young man stood up to the robots and lost, but not this time.

In The Matrix a young man discovers his destiny is to break free of the matrix which is controlled by AI robots and save the human race from the robots. In a past life many many years ago the young man stood up to the robots and lost, but not this time.

Hmm, coincedence?

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It probably isnt coincidence. I mean how many movies have you seen where the plotline makes you feel Deja Vu? Ive lost track over the years.
Im sure that stories get massaged and changed ever so slightly then remade as something new.

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home