iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Disney Saturday nights

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Disney Saturday nights
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back when I was a kid there was Disney Sunday nights on ABC I think???They would play retro disney cartoon movies.......live action movies Parent Trap 3 haha. I'd love to know more info if anyone knows.......anyway. This summer I noticed they have been doing a Disney Saturday night on NBC......last week they played Peter Pan......I say they were doing this and looked up Peter Pan to check the year........and found out some sad info. Bobby Driscoll......the boy who was the voice and live model for Peter Pan........had a pretty tragic life. From IMDB:

" then, was his fruitless struggle to find a place in a pitiless adolescent world after severe acne had stalled his acting career at 16, when his face was no longer charming and his voice smooth enough to even be used for voice-over jobs, although his last big movie hit was significantly the voice of animated "Peter Pan", 1953, for which he was also the live-action model. When his contract with the Disney studios was prematurely terminated shortly after the release of Peter Pan in late March of 1953,"

"in 1965 and a short art-period at Andy Warhol's so-called Factory, he disappeared into the underground, thoroughly dispirited, and his funds depleted, where on March 30, 1968, two playing children found his dead body in an abandoned East Village tenement. Believed to be an unclaimed and homeless person, he was then buried in an unmarked pauper's grave on Hart Island, where he remained until now."

Sad huh? he got acne and Disney dropped him he supposedly was an writer artist and painter was with Warhol and in a trippy 60's short film......just sad thought i'd share the info I found [Frown]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this...........too awesome

14 going on 30.......Fuzzbucket.......Splash too hahah [Smile]

list of Disney movies

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was going to correct your thread title since it says saturday because i always remembered the disney show being aired on sunday nights, starting around 7pm i believe. i'm glad i read everything you wrote first.

i loved watching these, especially in the time before vhs tapes because it was the only way to see all of the old cartoon movies, short cartoons(one of my favorites was the headless horseman story with goofy) and live action movies(i always remembered watching "escape from witch mountain" and "darby o'gill and the little people"). and in showing my age, i much prefer the older cartoons as opposed to the newer computer generated cartoons, though they've done a great job with pixar animation. my 3 yr old loves all of the pixar movies.

that's a sad story about that peter pan kid.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Muffy, that list brought back some awesome childhood memories. I did see some of these in the theater like "Escape To Witch Mountain", "Herbie The Love Bug", "The Shaggy D.A.", "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes", and "The Strongest Man in the World". Basically all the Kurt Russell flicks were seen at the theater, but most the rest were on Disney's Magic Kingdom night.

One of my most vivid memories as a kid is about a scary movie called Child of Glass (1978) . It was about a boy that is confronted by a ghost of little girl that makes him solve a riddle or he will be haunted for the rest of his life. Does anyone else remember it?

"Sleeping lies the murdered lass, vainly calls the child of glass. When the two shall be as one, the spirit's journey will be done."

I'm Spooked!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Sunday nights on NBC-TV during the early 1970's, when they showed Disney's "The Wonderful World Of Color". It was followed by the "NBC Sunday Night Mystery Movie", which was a rotating series of "McCloud", "Columbo", "Hec Ramsay", and "McMillan & Wife".

What memories! [Smile]

NBC cancelled the Disney show, and when the Disney Cable Channel opened up in 1983, they took their own shows off the other major networks.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember ABC's Disney Sunday Movie and NBC's Magical World of Disney quite well from back in the day (if I ever get a film made for the company, I'd like to see if they could run that intro before the film; it's a great adaptation of When You Wish Upon a Star that fits well with the footage they use). I remember watching Pinocchio's network debut on the program circa 1986, and the much enjoyed Mickey's 60th Birthday special in 1988. Michael Eisner may be an egomaniac in the boardroom, but he at least was pretty good introducing the film of the week.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I remember the bits with Eisner too........Valley your movie is on vhs are you gonna get it?? [Smile]

My mom is taking my sister and I to Disneyworld in September my sis is 28 i'm 30.....it's my first time. My mom was a single mom and never got to do something like this for us when we were little........i'm real excited......anyone got advice for the trip?

I'm so wanting to see some of the old live action movies now.......Valley got me going through pages of them on Amazon...... [Frown]

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, you going to Florida or California?
I went once to the Florida park when I was about 12 or 13. I remember having a blast. There's so much to do. There are some crazy , high, scary rides you might enjoy. Not for me though. I hate heights. Epcot Center is also awesome, be sure to check that out as well. Have fun. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Florida...... [Smile] cool huh? spending a whole week there where half the time will be spent sunbathing. Yeah i'm the same about the rides i'm ok if im not spun around and upside down I actually do like old school Roller coasters though........i'm more excited to feel like a kid again in Disneyworld! yay

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home