iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » American Anthem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American Anthem
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching the trailer for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GDO6LKJNW8&feature=related

I haven't seen it since the 80s.

I need to see it again.

I like the song "Take it Easy"-by Andy Taylor.

[ 14. December 2008, 10:59: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I probably haven't seen "American Anthem" since the 80's. I do remember Mitch Gaylord's infamous high bar routine in the woods using two trees to support the high bar. I recall this movie and Kurt Thomas's "Gymkata" being on HBO at the same time.

I always like the INXS tune "Same Direction" from "American Anthem".

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Take It Easy' was just one of those songs that was totally popular, but no one knew. Thats why I love it! I dont have the soundtrack near me, but I am thinking that Harold F. did the theme to this one as well as Axel F.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to have to put this on my 2009 Movie wish List.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow this is looking very promising.

I'll have to dig around for a copy

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´ve been looking this movie for a long time.
No such luck yet.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I just bought it on VHS on Ebay. My brother-in-law just gave me an Ebay gift card for Christmas today, so I am going to have some fun looking for some movies to watch.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
There are LP records on Ebay of the soundtrack.

The soundtrack is awesome.

Check out this song by John Parr:

Two Hearts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoAWkZ8beF0&feature=related

Willow
Master Rewinder
Member # 4953

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willow   Email Willow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen this movie in ages! But I do still think I have the soundtrack on cassette somewhere.
Posts: 105 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Isis, I happen to own the soundtrack on LP. They don't include many of the good songs if I recall.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heads-up

On DVD for $13.99...
http://missedmovies.com/order/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=34

Info about the titles from this website:
http://missedmovies.com/order/conditions.php

I bought The Legend Of Billie Jean from this site and it was fine...

Just trying to help out... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I did buy it off Ebay the other day for about $9.00.

I can't wait to see it.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I watched it the other night. I liked it-I had forgot everything about it. I am surprised that Mitch Gaylord and Janet Jones never did much else after that. Janet Jones was knocked out at a hockey game, when someone knocked the glass out and it hit her in the head. She is married to Wayne Gretzgy. I saw a current picture of her, and I barely recognized her. Mitch Gaylord has his own website and is a motivational speaker.

I didn't like how they tried to make his family be so disfunctional, but would turn around and make it seem like that was all normal stuff. In the movie his Dad is always beating on him, and he breaks his arm- which is pretty awful, and yet he still wants his Dad to support him and come to the competitions. There is a scene where he attempts a flip and lands on a table of people-I always wonder how they film stuff like that without killing themselves.

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Janet Jones was knocked out at a hockey game, when someone knocked the glass out and it hit her in the head.

I saw that game live. Gretzky was on the Rangers then. He caught alot of heat because he played the rest of the game instead of going to the hospital with his wife.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I read about that. He said that they told him there was nothing he could do. I watched the clip on you tube. I can't believe that's where she was sitting when it happened.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Finally got American Anthem (1986) today and watched it.
Very good 80s sports movie.

Gotta agree that Mitch has really messed up family in this flick.

The soundtrack was good with some great bands and artists
like Mr. Mister, INXS, John Parr and Andy Taylor.

-

-

[ 27. February 2012, 10:10: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home